Likes Likes:  7,076
Dislikes Dislikes:  66
ELITE ELITE:  584
Page 550 of 651 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552560600650 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 6501

Thread: My Morning Commute

Post Thanks / Like

You see folks riding in suits often enough downtown, often on bikeshares, but on the trail it is rare. Encouraging.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    You see folks riding in suits often enough downtown, often on bikeshares, but on the trail it is rare. Encouraging.
    I'd say I see about one a day on the trails.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    I'm usually shirt and tie in the morning on the MBT (downhill) but I change into shorts and a t-shirt before going home (uphill, and with an extra 40 lbs that doesn't like to pedal...)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    Maybe it's an MVT thing or the time of day I ride. I go in at dark-thirty and don't recall ever seeing a suited rider toiling up the Custis in the afternoon. (Now I'll start seeing them all the time, natch.)

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Riding was pretty civilized on the busy MVT this AM. Four riders showed up at the entrance to the DOT garage at about the same time, the most I have ever seen there at once.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    They seem to respond better to you honking at them than to the sound of a bike bell (or an "on your left" call). Get a bugle klaxon type horn.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike bugle horn.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	12038
    Come on, people--if you're having a problem with gaggles of geese, you need to ask yourself, "what does the fox say"? Instructional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

Post Thanks / Like

Well, after an occasionally rough morning this spring, I have to say riders these last few weeks have been terrific on the CCT. Numbers still seem to be up over last year, but everyone seems to be behaving perfectly fine.

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

My entire goal this morning was to leave early enough to ride down the Four Mile Run to find Ian on his way to coffee club so that I could get the infamous Fingerman Low Five and then immediately turn around and go to coffee club. Just fifteen seconds before crossing paths, I flatted on a curve and nearly wiped out. Ian and Komorebi and Fast Friendly Guy all were kind enough to stop. One more week until the next low five attempt.
    Last edited by Judd; 07-06-2016 at 07:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

First commute during Safetrack Surge #3 (Yellow Line segment shutdown). I found myself waiting at the Ft. Hunt-Rt 1 stoplight with an unprecedented 3 other cyclists. Wondering if one of them is a forum member.

I'll take a look at some point if what the rise in numbers might be on the MVT due to Surge #3, though that Arlington bike count website has been a bit buggy.

Post Thanks / Like

...was made so much better by a Fast Friendly Guy flyby and "pulling" Ian74 and his peloton for a few hundred meters.