Likes Likes:  7,480
Dislikes Dislikes:  72
ELITE ELITE:  584
Page 547 of 677 FirstFirst ... 47447497537545546547548549557597647 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,470 of 6764

Thread: My Morning Commute

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mello yello View Post
    I am seriously thinking of something like the sweat gutr(R) headband to keep salt out of my eyes.
    I had a Gutr and have a Halo. For me the Gutr seemed like a good idea, but was quite uncomfortable -- can't remember if it was interfering with the helmet or glasses or just bothering me above ears or what. I later bought a Halo which worked much better (though it does have more material, so may be a little hotter). So just a suggestion to try on with your helmet/glasses if possible (not sure who carries those products).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    I had a Gutr and have a Halo. For me the Gutr seemed like a good idea, but was quite uncomfortable
    Thanks! The design makes it look like it'd be effective - I pulled one up on Jenson and their reviews were pretty bad but the Halo got a lot of good feedback. Looking back through the forum archives, it seems like all the recommendations on here are for the Halo or Headsweats caps/headbands.

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mello yello View Post
    Thanks! The design makes it look like it'd be effective - I pulled one up on Jenson and their reviews were pretty bad but the Halo got a lot of good feedback. Looking back through the forum archives, it seems like all the recommendations on here are for the Halo or Headsweats caps/headbands.
    I can give you a Halo for free. I used it only once and decided it wasn't for me; otherwise it is brand new. PM me if interested.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a headsweats, have been happy. If it's positioned right it magically makes your sweat migrate to the back. (Gross, but better than the eyes.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    Fancy e-bike?
    I can't tell if there are pedals, but this is what will cause all ebikes to be banned. Come on people don't be this stupid.

Post Thanks / Like

To the rider in the orange Tennessee jersey this morning: You rock.

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

In what was a stroke of incredible luck, I hit 1,000 miles for the month of June exactly as I pulled in to Hump Day Coffee Club. Unfortunately I woke up late today so I didn't get a full coffee club in.

And then Komorebi tried to kill me on the morning convoy by pedaling fast for my tired legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Smithsonian is setting up for the annual Folklife Festival on the National Mall, but no road closures yet. I guess I'll see this evening if they start blocking off roads. I recall last year it was just the block between 3rd and 4th St. but cyclists had no trouble riding through.

Beautiful, gnat-free morning.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this morning was nice. Cool enough to be refreshing and not sweat too much, but not so cool as to be chilly in any way.

Post Thanks / Like

That reminds me to pick up a 2nd moisture-wicking cycling cap, for my upcoming stint as an everyday bike commuter instead of just 2x a week - thanks to SafeTrack. REI has a couple on sale for $11:

https://www.rei.com/c/cycling-headwe...ssories&page=1

I got an ArtCrank cap last year on closeout from REI. It does a decent job wicking sweat for most of my 1-hr commute ride, although towards the end, a little sweat gets on my face as the cap saturates. The visor is great for both sun glare and keeping rain from falling on the wrong side of my glasses. If I position the cap right, under my helmet, I can flip the visor too when I don't need it - if I don't the helmet makes the visor go back down, lol.