Page 546 of 646 FirstFirst ... 46446496536544545546547548556596 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,460 of 6455

Thread: My Morning Commute

Post Thanks / Like

I had a driver tell me "you almost killed me" (you referring to me). My crime? Crossing Rt 1 at Memorial St along the crosswalk. Why did she say it? Because the car in front of her abruptly stopped in the road when he noticed me. But the best part? They weren't coming from the cross street with the green light. No, they had both run the red by what had to be a flagrant 5 seconds since a car had to stop from t-boning them as well. But, of course, it's me, the cyclist's fault. FWIW, I unclipped and didn't even try going in front of them despite a clear right-of-way because in my mind, anyone dumb enough to run a red light by several seconds is more than dumb enough to hit me without thinking twice. (Sadly I didn't have my camera on ).

2. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Dislikes sjclaeys disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I passed the motorcyclist on the 14th Street Bridge sidewalk. He had just passed a DHS police car parked by the bridge sidewalk entrance, so I figured law enforcement doesn't care about motorcycles on sidewalks if it's not their jurisdiction. At least he was riding fairly slowly and off to the side...

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to be a little late for CCCC until I grabbed my bike out of the garage to find... that my front tire was completely flat. I must be awful at changing tires because it took me about 20 minutes. Well, I had to go get a new tube out of the house, then the darn wheel was so incredibly filthy that it got black gunk all over everything, and I decided I needed to wash it down... so that had something to do with it. By that time I decided to skip the trip to the (by now) empty CC water park, and go straight to work. The humidity made it a very wet commute. I am seriously thinking of something like the sweat gutr(R) headband to keep salt out of my eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mello yello View Post
    I must be awful at changing tires because it took me about 20 minutes.
    Twenty minutes to change a tire? Donít sweat it, youíre a rock star. My last one took me three hours (sic), sacrificing seven tire levers and a butter knife (not recommended).
    Sorry we missed you at CCCC! w&w

6. Likes mello yello liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I need to start timing the beg light at the Washington St. crosswalk, coming off the Rt 1-Washington St. connector bridge. I think I did wait the full 2 min. for the light to not change before crossing, but I should make sure next time.

Hit in the face by a cloud of gnats as I hit the MVT, coming off of Union St. Otherwise, a good ride.

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to be a little late for CCCC until ...
    I was going to be on time for CCCC until I looked at my clock and realized that I had forgotten to turn the alarm on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AFHokie View Post
    So I passed this guy on the MVT this morning:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scooter on  MVT copy.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	12027
    Fancy e-bike?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    Fancy e-bike?
    Wonder what tire pressure he's running.

11. ELITE sjclaeys ELITED this post
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to be a little late for CCCC until I grabbed my bike out of the garage to find... that my front tire was completely flat. I must be awful at changing tires because it took me about 20 minutes. Well, I had to go get a new tube out of the house, then the darn wheel was so incredibly filthy that it got black gunk all over everything, and I decided I needed to wash it down... so that had something to do with it. By that time I decided to skip the trip to the (by now) empty CC water park, and go straight to work. The humidity made it a very wet commute. I am seriously thinking of something like the sweat gutr(R) headband to keep salt out of my eyes.
    Of course the solution is n+1.

13. Likes mello yello, mstone liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    Of course the solution is n+1.
    Well... now that you mention it, I have all the pieces for the 29er, I just need to build N+1. Of course, if I ever rode the vintage Soma it might also have been an option. Taking out the backup bike requires a backpack or other carrier instead of the trunk rack.

15. Likes consularrider liked this post