Page 516 of 617 FirstFirst ... 16416466506514515516517518526566616 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,160 of 6169

Thread: My Morning Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terpfan View Post
    I attracted two idiot drivers on Washington St this morning. One just decides to force me from the middle of the lane toward the sign while gunning it toward approached stopped traffic like two blocks ahead That one got me pissed and I held myself back from engaging the situation more. The other was someone also forcing me over because she decided to move right without looking while on a cell phone. But everything else was peachy. Loving the shorts and tshirt weather.

Updated to include a quick 23 second video showing my two idiotic suv driver friends: https://youtu.be/wHJ3SKoaPLE
    Wow, you weren't kidding.

2. Likes Terpfan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I attracted two idiot drivers on Washington St this morning.

Updated to include a quick 23 second video showing my two idiotic suv driver friends: https://youtu.be/wHJ3SKoaPLE
    Looks like you should have taken the center lane behind the white car the two suv idiots were focused on passing. Then they could have passed you on the right too!

4. Likes Terpfan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wednesday morning I followed this old Jaguar down the ramp into our parking garage. I swore the car smelled like a pipe. When he parked (he was a visitor so not normally there), the garage smelled like a pipe. When I left that afternoon, the garage still smelled like a pipe. I thought, no way, it's gotta be something else in the garage and not a pipe. Yesterday he wasn't there, and the garage smelled like a ... garage. I followed him down the ramp again this morning, and it smelled like a pipe. Came out of the locker room, and it smelled like a pipe. I bet he has no clue his car smells like that.

Steve O is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I love that we can see your hands in the videos.

7. Likes Terpfan liked this post
    jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Stopped at a light biking to school this morning.
    Gremlin 1: Daddy, is this going to be your only bike ride today?
    Me: Not sure, depends on how much work i have to do. Why?
    Gremlin 1: You're never going to move up in the [BAFS individual leaderboard] standings if this is your only ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy mother of buttercups, I hadn't realized just how spoiled I'd become biking through the city at 6:30am rather than at rush hour (thanks metro).

Gah.

10. Likes consularrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    Holy mother of buttercups, I hadn't realized just how spoiled I'd become biking through the city at 6:30am rather than at rush hour (thanks metro).

Gah.
    Based on the wardrobe selections I saw in the mornings last week, and this being the first week of Daylight Savings Time, I expected a Ninja Festival on W&OD and Custis this morning. But no, I was surprised by only one jogger and his invisibility was enhanced by the drizzle collecting on my glasses.

My point Tania, return to the Dark Side. In a few weeks it will be light at 6:30 again, but traffic will still arrive later.

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to bike in for the first time this year! For those who are not subject to my facebook/twitter whining, I'm dealing with a really painful hip, so I haven't been able to bike--or even walk without crutches--since the pain started in early January (doc is thinking FAI + possible early osteoarthritis flare up, but I'm getting a second opinion next week since the pain is pretty ridiculous). Since it's not broken or torn though, I was told riding my bike in low gears was ok.

I put a rack on one of my road bikes since it's lighter than my commuter and has a triple chainring, which allowed me to tackle some of the hills on my commute without straining my hip. And yes, I totally used the triple on small hills where I usually don't even drop gears...

So today I am super happy since I got to have an awesome morning commute!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160317_072545.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	11257

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your morning ride Emm. How well does the Po Campo bag stay on your rack while riding? I've been thinking about getting one but am concerned about it flopping over. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KLizotte View Post
    Congrats on your morning ride Emm. How well does the Po Campo bag stay on your rack while riding? I've been thinking about getting one but am concerned about it flopping over. Thanks.
    It attaches perfectly and doesn't move, even on days like today when I forgot to do the front and back velcro straps. Only issue is the way I get off my bike is to swing over the back a little, and it does get in the way a little there. If I remember it's there I'm fine. If I forget, I stumble and feel a little stupid