Likes Likes:  7,422
Dislikes Dislikes:  72
ELITE ELITE:  584
Page 2 of 673 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: My Morning Commute

Post Thanks / Like

I decided to ride today because I was feeling too lazy to run. I'm thinking I should have run both for fitness reasons and because I had not one but two bonehead incidents this morning (mine). The first involved me passing a car on the left, which I don't prefer, and the other involved making contact with a cab. Sure, he should have looked, but I should probably have been more patient and definitely shouldn't have ridden up his right side when it seemed fairly likely he'd decide to drop his fare. No harm to me or my trusty steed, but it shook up the pedestrians on the sidewalk who had to watch me do my best levitation trick. Cabbie was apologetic faced.

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

No wonder the MUPs seemed a little more quiet this morning ...

I have to admit, I was a bit slower than usual this morning after Saturday's 50 States and Sunday's PPTC Backroads Century (also need more sleep). The legs felt ok though and it was an absolutely beautiful morning to be out on the bike!

Post Thanks / Like

Today was (hopefully) my last day not riding my commute. It's been about 1.5 weeks under the weather. More bus and metro were prescribed, but missing the beautiful ride-weather out has been killing me! Power to those who've been powering on! and see y'all on the trails tomorrow evening!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbelt View Post
    Oh, she was a dream even before she was a fit expert....
    You HAVE to say that!

And yes, as pointed out, tomorrow is another day. I'm looking forward to it. Needed something good for lunch today to wipe out the remaining ickies from the gut, so Afghan Kabob place was on the menu. I powered through a plate of lamb kabobs and, though they didn't have the gut cleansing effect I need, they were absolutely delicious and made me happy.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering while I didn't see any cyclists in my direction this morning! Given, I headed in late, after a doctor's appointment.

I love the little joy of walking into the OB's office 8 months pregnant in my reflective jacket, carrying my bike helmet. I have to find some joy in going to the doctor SO OFTEN!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    I was wondering while I didn't see any cyclists in my direction this morning! Given, I headed in late, after a doctor's appointment.

I love the little joy of walking into the OB's office 8 months pregnant in my reflective jacket, carrying my bike helmet. I have to find some joy in going to the doctor SO OFTEN!!!
    Yep I remember by the 36th week my wife was going to the OB as often as she was going to the Bathroom, which was a lot.

Good luck with the pregnancy, just don't name the little one "Custis" or "Vernon".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by essigmw View Post
    Good luck with the pregnancy, just don't name the little one "Custis" or "Vernon".
    Hmm, I like Vernon Custis... will have to discuss with the wife...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cephas View Post
    Hmm, I like Vernon Custis... will have to discuss with the wife...
    Custis Crescent has a nice ring to it.

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I got back from DC (via bike) a little after midnight last night, so I was dragging this morning too. I also decided to run oh, maybe 1 mile yesterday. Random parts of my low leg muscles ache.

Post Thanks / Like

Brrrrrr! I don't know if I'm still recovering from Sunday/yesterday's nausea, Saturday's 50 States ride, or if it was just the cold, but damn was today slow. My quads just would not loosen up at all.

On the upside, I finally got to *really* use the jacket I'd bought on sale a while ago.

this was cool looking

DSCN0451 by certifried, on Flickr