Likes Likes:  7,103
Dislikes Dislikes:  66
ELITE ELITE:  584
Page 150 of 652 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250650 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 6519

Thread: My Morning Commute

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted a month ago since I'm out of town today. And what was with the unpredicted overnight rain in southern Indiana? I took it very slow and easy on the downhills due to the wet road surface and leave. I even got in a mile of unexpected gravel. I could have sworn that connecting road was paved (after all it was S Friendship Rd).

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted today by bike. The bicycle parking was inside the boundary where the poll workers (those people making there last minute pitch why you should vote for the Bull Moose party) are required to stay out of. So major plus! Not only did I get to bike, but I did not have to get harassed!

Post Thanks / Like

Biked over with the kids. Extremely light, and no stupid electronic voting machines slowing things down.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I made the electioneers watch my bike at Swanson MS, but I was inside for probably less than 3 minutes, so I think it would've been fine without a monitor.

Amalitza Guest

My (current, running for reelection) delegate was hanging around at my polling station schlepping for votes and argued for mine (after I arrived on bike) with the promise of fixing Virginia's cycling-related laws and his personal qualification of having biked across the country.

DismalScientist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I locked my bike at Swanson since the most I'll do for electioneers is grunt.

Post Thanks / Like

One year while waiting for someone to arrive I took one handout from each "side " made paper airplanes and flew them to opposing tables. Got a laugh atleast.

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Not on my morning commute, but I saw an older not-exactly-slim-looking gentleman unlocking and swinging a leg over his fendered All-City bike while in business shirt, suit pants and a tie before rolling on down 20 St. Had an ankle strap too for his trousers. Thought it was appropriate.

The morning commute itself was nice with the sun rising behind the clouds making it (tempered by the usual SUV-crossing-double-yellow-to-pass-me-at-30mph-then-swinging-back-over-to-brake-for-a-turn).

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

ACPD was out at the intersection of doom again, which was nice. Do we know what they've been doing there and the results?

In less positive news from the other side of the river: I'm biking East on Maryland Ave. As I approach 3rd St, my light turns green. A full second later, a car heading south on 3rd St rolls through the intersection - not quickly, so I could see the guy was looking at a map and hearing the guy talking on his handsfree. He looked lost, and I don't think he saw the red light he was running at all. (I saw him, which is why I didn't continue through the intersection and get smushed). He rolls through, I still have green, so I head towards the Capitol. On the other side of the intersection, low and behold, there's an MPD car, stopped at the light (eastbound on Maryland has straight-and-left, so westbound on Maryland has red). I wave, the officers roll down their window, I point out that the car currently stopped at the next light at 3rd & Indepedence just ran the light at Maryland and almost hit me. The cops look. They turn left. They sit behind the guy and ... nothing. Light at Independence turns green, both cars speed off.

I am left disappointed by MPD yet again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    ACPD was out at the intersection of doom again, which was nice. Do we know what they've been doing there and the results?
    I posted this in another thread (a shot of the policeman from this morning), but I'll show it here, too:

Results: drivers behave nicely while the police are there (look at that crosswalk without cars blocking it!), and then it goes back to the standard disaster of an intersection at all other times.