Page 116 of 624 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216616 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 6232

Thread: My Morning Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by americancyclo View Post
    who knows how to change the wording on those signs? I vote we change 'cyclist' to 'drivers' and turn them 90 degrees.
    The access panel on the sign is generally protected by a small lock, but often are left unprotected. Upon opening the access panel you can see the display electronics.

The black control pad is attached by a curly cord, with a keyboard on the face.

Programming is as simple as scrolling down the menu selection to "Instant Text". Type whatever you want to display, Hit Enter to submit. You can now either throw it up on the sign by selecting "Run w/out save" or you can add more pages to it by selecting "Add page"

Should it will ask you for a password. Try "DOTS", the default password.
    In all likelihood, the crew will not have changed it. However if they did, never fear. Hold "Control" and "Shift" and while holding, enter "DIPY". This will reset the sign and reset the password to "DOTS" in the process. You're in!

2. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    Dislikes consularrider disliked this post
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enabler View Post
    The access panel on the sign is generally protected by...
    The law.

4. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    mstone is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    The law.
    they only enforce laws during targeted enforcement periods and this week is just bicyclists. highway signs are scheduled for the week after cars yielding to people in crosswalks. you do want to make sure you drive to the sign and do the above with your head sticking out the window--put on the flashers and you're good to go.

6. Likes jabberwocky liked this post
    americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rando Guy View Post
    Normally, I take the WOD and cross Columbia Pike, George Mason, etc etc but this morning head east I veered off and intercepted the 4MR Trail. It took me under Columbia Pike, George Mason and spit me out to a bike lane at S Walter Reed.
    Westbound, if the W&OD light has just turned red, I'll often bail over to 4MR at the intersection down the steep hill and rejoin the W&OD in Gelncarlyn Park. It only saves a few seconds, but it provides some nice change of scenery every once in a while. be careful here in the colder months though, as ice can build up on the trail underneath Columbia Pike.

Post Thanks / Like

I love how "The Enabler" shows up for one random post and describes in full detail how to hack road signs.... watch your back Americancyclo, it's a trap brother!

9. Likes rcannon100, Hancockbs, rpiretti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

before hacking into the sign you may want to ditch the bib shorts and bike helmet for a hardhat and overalls. Lycra Joe typing on a road sign may draw some attention.

11. Likes CPTJohnC, Hancockbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie View Post
    I love how "The Enabler" shows up for one random post and describes in full detail how to hack road signs.... watch your back Americancyclo, it's a trap brother!
    Activity on this forum is not being monitored for ungood thinking. Continue about your business, citizen.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    before hacking into the sign you may want to ditch the bib shorts and bike helmet for a hardhat and overalls. Lycra Joe typing on a road sign may draw some attention.
    Don't forget your BA safety vest.

Post Thanks / Like

I need The Enabler to post in the thread where I muse on how I am going to afford/convince the wife on a new Van Dessel.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by americancyclo View Post
    Westbound, if the W&OD light has just turned red, I'll often bail over to 4MR at the intersection down the steep hill and rejoin the W&OD in Gelncarlyn Park. It only saves a few seconds, but it provides some nice change of scenery every once in a while. be careful here in the colder months though, as ice can build up on the trail underneath Columbia Pike.
    I'll do this too, but not now with the yellow caution tape blocking the access trail entrance at the top.