Page 598 of 603 FirstFirst ... 98498548588596597598599600 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,980 of 6029

Thread: My Morning Commute

  1. #5971
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Alexandria to NOMA
    Posts
    684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Happy New Bike Day Peter!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170224_083224.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	13956
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170224_083040.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	13957
    Yeah, that Willier never matched the team kit very well... lol.

    Sweet ride Pete!!!! Can't wait for mine to come in from Speckle-eyes-ed.

  2. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
  3. #5972
    hozn's Avatar
    hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    2,976
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170224_083224.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	13956
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170224_083040.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	13957
    Sweet!--The ride you alluded to has arrived! Love the color scheme, specifically the red fork! That pie plate really wants to come off, though ;-)

  4. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
  5. #5973
    TwoWheelsDC's Avatar
    TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Capitol Hill
    Posts
    3,106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    That pie plate really wants to come off, though ;-)
    But it does highlight that tight cassette...

  6. #5974
    hozn's Avatar
    hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    2,976
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    But it does highlight that tight cassette...
    Ha, touche. I briefly thought it was a rotor. Though that looks like an 11-28? "CX gearing" the roadies would say! Honestly, tight clusters are over-rated. I like @dkel's comment that you can deal with gaps "with patience or enthusiasm" (paraphrasing).

  7. Likes kwarkentien, dkel liked this post
  8. #5975
    vvill's Avatar
    vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    McLean, VA
    Posts
    2,784
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think I had a 12-30 on the final iteration of my road bike, even with a 6700 Ultegra RD and compact double. (It's since been switched to a fixed gear, and I just use my gravel bike for all non-MTB rides that need gears.)

    Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Happy New Bike Day Peter!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170224_083224.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	13956
    slam it!

  9. Likes rcannon100 liked this post
  10. #5976
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Alexandria to NOMA
    Posts
    684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    Ha, touche. I briefly thought it was a rotor. Though that looks like an 11-28? "CX gearing" the roadies would say! Honestly, tight clusters are over-rated. I like @dkel's comment that you can deal with gaps "with patience or enthusiasm" (paraphrasing).
    Actually, the hot shizz is to run 52-36 and 11-23. Too bad SRAM doesn't do an 11-23 Powerdome - I'd be all over it...

    I believe all the Spec. MY17 road bikes with the new Praxis cranks are 52-36.

  11. Likes hozn liked this post
  12. #5977
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Living in the world
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My morning commute on this beautiful prematurely spring-like morning was great until I got to the parking garage and had absolutely no trouble finding rack space for my bike. Where was everybody? How could they pass up an opportunity like this? So disappointing.

  13. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
  14. #5978
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Posts
    4,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane View Post
    My morning commute on this beautiful prematurely spring-like morning was great until I got to the parking garage and had absolutely no trouble finding rack space for my bike. Where was everybody? How could they pass up an opportunity like this? So disappointing.
    Were they at work or playing hooky?

  15. Likes KLizotte, kwarkentien liked this post
  16. #5979
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    1,427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My morning commute was a little more challenging than usual! CCT, just south of Fletcher's Lock.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TreeOnCCT.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	14016

  17. Likes Steve O liked this post
  18. #5980
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    MoCo
    Posts
    762
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yep, that's where the person who'd been surreptitiously drafting me ignored my hand signal to slow down, went around me to the head of the line of people climbing over, blocked someone who had been waiting patiently to cross in the opposite direction and then, likely out of guilt, offered me unnecessary assistance on the other side.

  19. Likes secstate liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •