Page 599 of 632 FirstFirst ... 99499549589597598599600601609 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 6316

Thread: My Morning Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crickey7 View Post
    Yep, that's where the person who'd been surreptitiously drafting me ignored my hand signal to slow down, went around me to the head of the line of people climbing over, blocked someone who had been waiting patiently to cross in the opposite direction and then, likely out of guilt, offered me unnecessary assistance on the other side.
    Let me guess: SUV with War of 1812 plates?

2. Likes Crickey7, bentbike33, bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crickey7 View Post
    Yep, that's where the person who'd been surreptitiously drafting me ignored my hand signal to slow down, went around me to the head of the line of people climbing over, blocked someone who had been waiting patiently to cross in the opposite direction and then, likely out of guilt, offered me unnecessary assistance on the other side.
    Well, I can guarantee it wasn't me. The speed I go, I've never in my life managed to draft anyone. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

My commute this morning seemed inordinately chilly because even though I'd read the forecast and dressed accordingly, my subconscious had already convinced me that spring has arrived.

5. Likes kensei liked this post
    TwoWheelsDC is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Had training out in Reston this morning, so I had a long ride west. Was nice and warmed up when I hit Vienna, but cooled down at the light at 123 and then suddenly there was at least a 10 degree temperature drop riding down into Difficult Run and got **really** cold until I climbed out.

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Had training out in Reston this morning, so I had a long ride west. Was nice and warmed up when I hit Vienna, but cooled down at the light at 123 and then suddenly there was at least a 10 degree temperature drop riding down into Difficult Run and got **really** cold until I climbed out.
    Yeah, I dress for that specific section of my commute. Garmin said 31 riding through there -- so prob about 35 which was indeed 10 colder than Arlington.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    Yeah, I dress for that specific section of my commute. Garmin said 31 riding through there -- so prob about 35 which was indeed 10 colder than Arlington.
    If there is no wind then it is always colder there. Nice dip in the land that lets the cold air pool.

9. Likes hozn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane View Post
    My morning commute on this beautiful prematurely spring-like morning was great until I got to the parking garage and had absolutely no trouble finding rack space for my bike. Where was everybody? How could they pass up an opportunity like this? So disappointing.
    This happened to me once (other than the spring-like part) and it turned out we were closed because of snow. I went and got coffee to get smarter and rode home. We no longer get snow days, so that mistake will never happen again, but I'm assuming I'm capable of riding in on Presidents' Day or similar.

Today's felt like riding through mud, but Strava and my bike computer tell me I was wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm usually fine biking in the wind, but this morning I got caught in something ridiculous at Gravely Point. While going around the bend east of the runways a massive gust got me. I began to lean over to stay on course, which was already next to impossible with the curve and the massive gust. Of course right then another cyclist decided to pass without warning. I ended up getting blown right off the trail since I didn't want to overcompensate and possibly cause an accident if the gust let up suddenly. Luckily I was going like 8-10 MPH at that stage and it's soft grass, so I was fine and just re-joined the trail a few yards later. But that was one hell of a wind gust.

Otherwise lovely commute. Almost no one on the trail, and trees did a good job blocking the wind for most of my ride

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    I'm usually fine biking in the wind, but this morning I got caught in something ridiculous at Gravely Point. While going around the bend east of the runways a massive gust got me. I began to lean over to stay on course, which was already next to impossible with the curve and the massive gust. Of course right then another cyclist decided to pass without warning. I ended up getting blown right off the trail since I didn't want to overcompensate and possibly cause an accident if the gust let up suddenly. Luckily I was going like 8-10 MPH at that stage and it's soft grass, so I was fine and just re-joined the trail a few yards later. But that was one hell of a wind gust.

Otherwise lovely commute. Almost no one on the trail, and trees did a good job blocking the wind for most of my ride
    It was crazy windy! Glad you were ok. Almost hit the side of 14th St bridge myself

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I found the flying monkeys more disconcerting than the gusts on the ride in this morning.
    My legs are so totally looking forward to the ride home!

14. Likes AFHokie liked this post