Page 635 of 637 FirstFirst ... 135535585625633634635636637 LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,350 of 6366

Thread: My Morning Commute

  1. #6341
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Crystal City to L'Enfant Plaza
    Posts
    2,106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    A dockless CaBi. This is likely to turn out badly for the customer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
  3. #6342
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbb View Post
    A dockless CaBi. This is likely to turn out badly for the customer.
    Oooooooh, ouch! $1200! :O

    https://help.capitalbikeshare.com/hc...-or-was-stolen

  4. #6343
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    Good. Too many cyclists blow through there in the am. There's a school bus stop right there and I've seen a few kids almost get bowled over.
    I agree. I always stop at that stop sign. Cyclist in front of me was pulled over today. I mean, the cops were waiting and she still ran it.

  5. #6344
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikoglaces View Post
    I agree. I always stop at that stop sign. Cyclist in front of me was pulled over today. I mean, the cops were waiting and she still ran it.
    I admit that I'll only stop (that is, foot down) if there are cars already at the intersection (or approaching) and no one has given me an obvious "you first" wave through. But I will always slow to a walking pace (or less). Others don't even bother to brake coming down that hill and go through the four way stop at upwards of 15-20mph.

  6. Likes Emm, hozn liked this post
  7. #6345
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Madison Manor
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane View Post
    Stop sign enforcement op on Van Buren near EFC station. Be aware.
    It is odd that they are doing this now when that portion of Van Buren will soon be closed for the bridge construction. I do not dispute that cyclists blowing through that intersection is a problem, but it is bothersome that ACPD is willing to invest resources there multiple times in response to someone in the neighborhood who somehow has extra influence, rather than elsewhere in the county where there are greater risks to safety.

  8. Likes Steve O, rcannon100 liked this post
  9. #6346
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Living in the world
    Posts
    429
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikoglaces View Post
    I agree. I always stop at that stop sign. Cyclist in front of me was pulled over today. I mean, the cops were waiting and she still ran it.
    I rarely do, though I do slow down and am prepared to stop in case there are pedestrians, school children, cross traffic, etc. In fact, I was so busy making sure it was safe to keep moving I didn't even notice the officers standing there, so I got a polite talking-to.

  10. #6347
    hozn's Avatar
    hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    3,259
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane View Post
    I rarely do, though I do slow down and am prepared to stop in case there are pedestrians, school children, cross traffic, etc. In fact, I was so busy making sure it was safe to keep moving I didn't even notice the officers standing there, so I got a polite talking-to.
    Yeah, I also just make sure coast is clear and yield to any drivers already there, as one should. I guess that meant close enough to a stop to not warrant getting pulled over as I didn't see the officer until I was right in front of him. He just said hi.

  11. #6348
    dasgeh's Avatar
    dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    It is odd that they are doing this now when that portion of Van Buren will soon be closed for the bridge construction. I do not dispute that cyclists blowing through that intersection is a problem, but it is bothersome that ACPD is willing to invest resources there multiple times in response to someone in the neighborhood who somehow has extra influence, rather than elsewhere in the county where there are greater risks to safety.
    Also odd, given that there has been a huge uproar over the danger of 2nd St S and S Irving St, and ACPD's response has been that they don't have the resources to have someone there in the mornings...

  12. Likes Sunyata, Steve O, sjclaeys, scoot liked this post
  13. #6349
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The forgotten corner of Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    2,473
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    At Glebe and Eads this morning, a car sailed EB through the red light, as I was waiting to go NB. Didn't stop and check for cross traffic, just ran through at speed. Just sayin'

  14. #6350
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    At Glebe and Eads this morning, a car sailed EB through the red light, as I was waiting to go NB. Didn't stop and check for cross traffic, just ran through at speed. Just sayin'
    This is why you should never take Protected Bike Lanes.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •