Page 635 of 637 FirstFirst ... 135535585625633634635636637 LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,350 of 6366

Thread: My Morning Commute

Post Thanks / Like

A dockless CaBi. This is likely to turn out badly for the customer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbb View Post
    A dockless CaBi. This is likely to turn out badly for the customer.
    Oooooooh, ouch! $1200! :O

https://help.capitalbikeshare.com/hc...-or-was-stolen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    Good. Too many cyclists blow through there in the am. There's a school bus stop right there and I've seen a few kids almost get bowled over.
    I agree. I always stop at that stop sign. Cyclist in front of me was pulled over today. I mean, the cops were waiting and she still ran it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikoglaces View Post
    I agree. I always stop at that stop sign. Cyclist in front of me was pulled over today. I mean, the cops were waiting and she still ran it.
    I admit that I'll only stop (that is, foot down) if there are cars already at the intersection (or approaching) and no one has given me an obvious "you first" wave through. But I will always slow to a walking pace (or less). Others don't even bother to brake coming down that hill and go through the four way stop at upwards of 15-20mph.

6. Likes Emm, hozn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane View Post
    Stop sign enforcement op on Van Buren near EFC station. Be aware.
    It is odd that they are doing this now when that portion of Van Buren will soon be closed for the bridge construction. I do not dispute that cyclists blowing through that intersection is a problem, but it is bothersome that ACPD is willing to invest resources there multiple times in response to someone in the neighborhood who somehow has extra influence, rather than elsewhere in the county where there are greater risks to safety.

8. Likes Steve O, rcannon100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikoglaces View Post
    I rarely do, though I do slow down and am prepared to stop in case there are pedestrians, school children, cross traffic, etc. In fact, I was so busy making sure it was safe to keep moving I didn't even notice the officers standing there, so I got a polite talking-to.

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane View Post
    I rarely do, though I do slow down and am prepared to stop in case there are pedestrians, school children, cross traffic, etc. In fact, I was so busy making sure it was safe to keep moving I didn't even notice the officers standing there, so I got a polite talking-to.
    Yeah, I also just make sure coast is clear and yield to any drivers already there, as one should. I guess that meant close enough to a stop to not warrant getting pulled over as I didn't see the officer until I was right in front of him. He just said hi.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    It is odd that they are doing this now when that portion of Van Buren will soon be closed for the bridge construction. I do not dispute that cyclists blowing through that intersection is a problem, but it is bothersome that ACPD is willing to invest resources there multiple times in response to someone in the neighborhood who somehow has extra influence, rather than elsewhere in the county where there are greater risks to safety.
    Also odd, given that there has been a huge uproar over the danger of 2nd St S and S Irving St, and ACPD's response has been that they don't have the resources to have someone there in the mornings...

12. Likes Sunyata, Steve O, sjclaeys, scoot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At Glebe and Eads this morning, a car sailed EB through the red light, as I was waiting to go NB. Didn't stop and check for cross traffic, just ran through at speed. Just sayin'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    At Glebe and Eads this morning, a car sailed EB through the red light, as I was waiting to go NB. Didn't stop and check for cross traffic, just ran through at speed. Just sayin'
    This is why you should never take Protected Bike Lanes.