Page 649 of 649 FirstFirst ... 149549599639647648649
Results 6,481 to 6,488 of 6488

Thread: My Morning Commute

This morning, on the path along Constitution Ave NW going east from Lincoln before 21st, some guy on a CaBi decided to pass me on the right without warning ... and then completely lose control and smash into me. I got some nasty road rash on my leg but thankfully no broken bones. He stuck and was concerned until I got up and was clearly not too badly hurt, then quickly rode off. Total jerk. I'd watch out for that guy -- he was wearing a Cava (the fast casual lunch place) string backpack and no helmet.

FWIW, I had my yellow rainproof slicker and lights on

No downed trees or clogged drain-induced deep puddles today and the geese kept away from the trails. So, even with rain, all was good.

However, there was a car in the greenery below the MVT just south of Trollheim, facing the wrong way (clearly from a state that does not require front plates because it had one that said "Farm Use". Maybe it should have stayed on the farm (and it looked like a pretty standard non-farm vehicle to me) and the torn-up grass showing that it came from the parkway. Again. People on this forum keep asking why NPS won't improve Trollheim (especially at the split) to reduce falls even if something like 75% or cyclists have fallen on it. Well, they do not seem to want to fix the parkway where a car goes off the road about once every two or three months, so why would they bother with us. I do fear one of these times such a car taking out trail users.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills

Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    No downed trees or clogged drain-induced deep puddles today and the geese kept away from the trails. So, even with rain, all was good.

However, there was a car in the greenery below the MVT just south of Trollheim, facing the wrong way (clearly from a state that does not require front plates because it had one that said "Farm Use". Maybe it should have stayed on the farm (and it looked like a pretty standard non-farm vehicle to me) and the torn-up grass showing that it came from the parkway. Again. People on this forum keep asking why NPS won't improve Trollheim (especially at the split) to reduce falls even if something like 75% or cyclists have fallen on it. Well, they do not seem to want to fix the parkway where a car goes off the road about once every two or three months, so why would they bother with us. I do fear one of these times such a car taking out trail users.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01777.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	17917 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01778.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	17918 At 8 am this morning.

clearly from a state that does not require front plates because it had one that said "Farm Use"
    "unregistered farm vehicle"

https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/pdf/dmv28.pdf

In some cases, this has been abused...

5. 05-18-2018, 04:10 AM

6. 05-18-2018, 04:11 AM

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills

Quote Originally Posted by mstone View Post
    "unregistered farm vehicle"

https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/pdf/dmv28.pdf

In some cases, this has been abused...

Name:	I'm shocked.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	17919

After a week of riding in rain, I've discovered many new squeaks. Looks like a good weekend to repack bearings.

This happens often enough that I'm on the lookout whenever I ride through here in the rain. Not kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Crickey7 View Post
    After a week of riding in rain, I've discovered many new squeaks. Looks like a good weekend to repack bearings.
    squeaks? I'm getting crunchy sandy noises.

Name:	IMG_20180518_131650106.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	17928