Likes Likes:  7,084
Dislikes Dislikes:  66
ELITE ELITE:  584
Page 624 of 652 FirstFirst ... 124524574614622623624625626634 ... LastLast
Results 6,231 to 6,240 of 6511

Thread: My Morning Commute

  1. #6231
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starduster View Post
    That's a pretty darn big one!
    Camera adds 10 pounds

  2. #6232
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    234
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ian74 View Post
    Camera adds 10 pounds
    Get a lighter camera.

  3. #6233
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Fairfax/Vienna/Falls Church
    Posts
    452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    65 with low humidity? Downright chilly this morning.

  4. #6234
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    989
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dplasters View Post
    65 with low humidity? Downright chilly this morning.
    It was GLORIOUS! I even saw a dude with a jacket on this morning... (That was a little overkill, IMO, it was cooler than it has been, but definitely not jacket weather.)

  5. #6235
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    60
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Really nice morning for a change. Even the gusty headwind was enjoyable. I even forgave the (at least 3) cyclists/runners/walkers jumping into the trail without looking at both sides right when I was passing.

  6. #6236
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    It was GLORIOUS! I even saw a dude with a jacket on this morning... (That was a little overkill, IMO, it was cooler than it has been, but definitely not jacket weather.)
    I see people with jackets when it's like 80 degrees and sunny. Makes me lightheaded just to see.

  7. #6237
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Posts
    5,283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mstone View Post
    I see people with jackets when it's like 80 degrees and sunny. Makes me lightheaded just to see.
    I was riding with lightweight 3/4 length bibs (cover the knees), a long sleeve jersey, low wool socks, and long finger summer gloves this morning. It was 15C (59F) and I'm old with arthritis, our high yesterday was only 17C (62F).

  8. #6238
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    939
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thank you to the guy who asked me if I had everything I needed (!) when I had my bike upside down on the side of the path in Bon Air Park.

  9. #6239
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rosslyn, VA
    Posts
    1,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    Thank you to the guy who asked me if I had everything I needed (!) when I had my bike upside down on the side of the path in Bon Air Park.
    OH NO, that must have been just after I saw you... I swear I don't come out once a year to ruin everyone's morning!

  10. #6240
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    939
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickie View Post
    OH NO, that must have been just after I saw you... I swear I don't come out once a year to ruin everyone's morning!
    T'was nothing major - my wheel (brake? hub? axle?) is squeaking but only when weighted so it's impossible (for me) to figure out what exactly is going on. I was just re-setting the wheel in hopes that would fix it (it didn't). I also tried randomly slamming on my front brake hoping the hydros would self-adjust. More so though because that's just fun.

    It was however great to see you!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •