Likes Likes:  7,077
Dislikes Dislikes:  66
ELITE ELITE:  584
Page 616 of 651 FirstFirst ... 116516566606614615616617618626 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,160 of 6501

Thread: My Morning Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    I saw a herd of about 30 cops walking in loose formation along Lafayette Square this morning around 8:20. I just figured it was another day in Trumpland.
    Not sure about what you saw, but it is Police Week. That is also why there are flags at half-mast today.
    Last edited by MFC; 05-15-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default mounted police

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    I saw a herd of about 30 cops walking in loose formation along Lafayette Square this morning around 8:20. I just figured it was another day in Trumpland.
    On Ohio Drive, I passed mounted police from 50 states (maybe), horse trailers from 50 states, and navigated around horse poop from 50 states.

The horses were cool!

Post Thanks / Like

My "herd" of police were in a tighter formation as they moved east on Independence, preventing me from crossing to the south on 7th.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7398.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	14758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7397.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	14759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7396.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	14760

Post Thanks / Like

Generally today was lovely, despite being warmer than I would like given the extra mileage to hit Crystal City and need this week to get to work extra early.

However, at about 6:25am I was heading south on the MVT just south of Gravely Point and approaching the airport when I see a bike moving quite fast towards me (north bound) with little or no pedaling. "Damn electric bike," I thought to myself until it got closer. Then I hear and quickly smelled the 2-stroke engine. That was basically a motor cycle! Person was past me and no way to even say anything. I yelled "illegal bike," but was unlikely heard. WTF.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    Generally today was lovely, despite being warmer than I would like given the extra mileage to hit Crystal City and need this week to get to work extra early.

However, at about 6:25am I was heading south on the MVT just south of Gravely Point and approaching the airport when I see a bike moving quite fast towards me (north bound) with little or no pedaling. "Damn electric bike," I thought to myself until it got closer. Then I hear and quickly smelled the 2-stroke engine. That was basically a motor cycle! Person was past me and no way to even say anything. I yelled "illegal bike," but was unlikely heard. WTF.
    Was it a red frame and possibly look like a full suspension mountain bike? On May 7th a around 5pm I passed someone headed north on the MVT under the rail bridge riding a bike with what clearly sounded and smelled like a 2 stroke engine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AFHokie; 05-19-2017 at 08:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AFHokie View Post
    Was it a red frame and possibly look like a full suspension mountain bike? On May 7th a around 5pm I passed someone headed north on the MVT under the rail bridge riding a bike with what clearly sounded and smelled like a 2 stroke engine

Yes. Which is why at first I thought it was just a souped-up (if that is how you spell it) e-bike.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AFHokie View Post
    I have seen this guy too but just once. Odd for sure but good luck getting this enforced. I have seen Park Police drive their motorcycles across the 14th St Bridge Path which is also a definite no-no.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I have seen this guy too but just once. Odd for sure but good luck getting this enforced. I have seen Park Police drive their motorcycles across the 14th St Bridge Path which is also a definite no-no.
    The Park Police riding motorcycles on the 14th bridge path is more than likely for familiarization in case they ever need to do so for an emergency. I have no issue with that; in fact I'd like to see the police on the trail more often.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone was super polite this am - people waited to pass me until the path was clear and called their passes/rang a bell (even the e-bikers!) and some even said hello or thank you.

But what was up with all the chipmunks?

Post Thanks / Like

Older lady weaving in and out of the L Street bike lane this morning on a scooter. You suck.