Page 615 of 632 FirstFirst ... 115515565605613614615616617625 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,150 of 6316

Thread: My Morning Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gibby View Post
    I may have to invest in some sandals for the rainy summer days, tho it seemed a bit chilly yesterday. Do you have a toe warmer at work?
    My biggest issue is that both my pairs of bike shoes get quite stinky for a few days after getting soaked like that. At least I can switch out shoes so I don't scare away everyone at work today.
    I have wimpy feet and hands. They get cold really easily. That being said, I wore my Keen sandals yesterday with a pair of thick wool socks (DeFeet Woolie Boolie). On the way home, I had to ride out of the way to pick something up at Bikenetic, so rode 12 miles in what started as a steady heavy mist, but turned into a steady rain as I was leaving the shop. My socks were soaked, but my feet were warm. I left the sandals in the bathroom over night and they were mostly dry (fully dry on the inside) this morning with no funky smell.

Now, if I could just find a pair of fairly waterproof, but light gloves for cooler (but not cold) rainy days, my fingers would be happy.

2. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    on the way home, i had to ride out of the way to pick pie up at bikenetic...
    ftfy

4. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    Easy solution: dryer sheets. I put them into my bike shoes (Keen sandals) after arriving at work. They help to dry out the sweat and deodorize my sandals. For wet shoes, stuff them with old newspapers and a few dryer sheets. My desk smells mountain fresh instead of like a gym locker because of this
    Nice!

I've been getting away with using the same pair of shoes for cyclo-commuting and wearing around the office; just changing between my quick-dry/moisture wicking cycling socks and a pair of regular socks.

About a month or two ago though I was caught in a morning downpour. My rain shoes are Adidas Climacool Boat Lace Water Shoes, with drain holes. They stayed wet a little longer than usual, and it was awkward putting on the office socks and letting them dry with the shoes by my body heat. So next time there's a chance I might get soaked in the morning, I'll probably just bring a 2nd pair of shoes. Summer rain in the evening is less of a bother.

The newspaper method worked great for my dry weather cycling shoes (Jameson Eco skate shoes), after I got caught in an evening downpour But I like the idea of adding dryer sheets to the mix.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    Now, if I could just find a pair of fairly waterproof, but light gloves for cooler (but not cold) rainy days, my fingers would be happy.
    https://www.amazon.com/Hanz-Lightwei...ds=hanz+gloves

I'll be rocking these at Poolesville tomorrow...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    Easy solution: dryer sheets. I put them into my bike shoes (Keen sandals) after arriving at work. They help to dry out the sweat and deodorize my sandals. For wet shoes, stuff them with old newspapers and a few dryer sheets. My desk smells mountain fresh instead of like a gym locker because of this
    Who has old newspapers around? I tried stuffing the URL of the Washington Post into my shoes, but it didn't work.

8. ELITE consularrider ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Who has old newspapers around? I tried stuffing the URL of the Washington Post into my shoes, but it didn't work.
    Good one.

I'd just head over to a Metro station, where there's usually some kind of newspaper being dispensed for free - Post Express, City Paper, etc.

10. Likes consularrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    I'm mostly digital when it comes to newspapers/magazines, but I still get those coupon sheets in the mail addressed to previous residents of my apartment. Paper towels also will do.

I do like the mental image of someone stuffing a URL into one's shoes, although there might be some future technology that offers, "The Washington Post: straight into your sole(s)!"

(pun intended)

12. Likes Steve O, GovernorSilver liked this post
    TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been out of the country for the last week, so I was itching to ride to work this morning, particularly since it's the first day of CCBID's bike to work week festivities. Rolling out this morning though, I was dismayed that the wind had picked back up...not only did the CC detour add about 8 miles to my commute, it meant that I had to ride out to FFX on the W&OD straight into a stiff headwind for about 12 or so miles. Passed Dread and then a bunch of the Bikenetic crew, although I didn't realize that until it was too late.

14. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw a herd of bike cops heading east on Constitution around 9 am, then turn left on Henry Bacon. Best part? No irate, honking drivers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasyRider View Post
    Saw a herd of bike cops heading east on Constitution around 9 am, then turn left on Henry Bacon. Best part? No irate, honking drivers.
    I saw a herd of about 30 cops walking in loose formation along Lafayette Square this morning around 8:20. I just figured it was another day in Trumpland.