Page 580 of 632 FirstFirst ... 80480530570578579580581582590630 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,800 of 6313

Thread: My Morning Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    Today was one of those mornings where lying in bed, I checked my phone to see the weather forecast, planned to get up soon, then felt a weight on me as my cat jumped onto the bed and decided to sleep on top of me. 20 minutes later, I won the battle against laziness (I took today off from work) and got ready for HDCC.

At HDCC, I ordered a hot chocolate (coffee = great smell + horrible taste), but they were out of the milk chocolate syrup, so they asked if I would have it with their white chocolate syrup instead. I was curious, so I accepted the offer, and after having it, let me tell you, it was delicious!

Moral of this story: it helps to have a destination you WANT to get to when trying to fight the comfortable warmness of one's bed (and cat) early in the morning
    Dude just dissed coffee. I'm walking over to Compass right now for an espresso to protest!

2. Likes Judd liked this post
    ELITE bobco85 ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Today was one of those mornings where lying in bed, I checked my phone to see the weather forecast, planned to get up soon, then felt a weight on me as my cat jumped onto the bed and decided to sleep on top of me. 20 minutes later, I won the battle against laziness (I took today off from work) and got ready for HDCC.

At HDCC, I ordered a hot chocolate (coffee = great smell + horrible taste), but they were out of the milk chocolate syrup, so they asked if I would have it with their white chocolate syrup instead. I was curious, so I accepted the offer, and after having it, let me tell you, it was delicious!

Moral of this story: it helps to have a destination you WANT to get to when trying to fight the comfortable warmness of one's bed (and cat) early in the morning
    Now that I'm actually commuting to downtown DC, I've got to try out A Baked Joint sometime soon. But the prospect of getting up and getting out of the house by 5:30 (particularly when I often work until 10 at night) is still daunting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    Dude just dissed coffee. I'm walking over to Compass right now for an espresso to protest!
    I will have a Cafe Campesino from Juan Valdez in solidarity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes streetsmarts, huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll have to tell us how it went. It was 26 degrees when I left at 6 a.m., which is the coldest of the season so far, so you picked a good one.
    Thanks guys. It was cold, but not bad once I got moving. After biking to coffee club, and then to work, my toes were a little cold. I do have foot warmers in my bag. And parts of my backside took a while to get warm. I'll be back.
    Freezing Saddles - I dunno. How much colder than this? BRRRRR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts View Post
    Thanks guys. It was cold, but not bad once I got moving. After biking to coffee club, and then to work, my toes were a little cold. I do have foot warmers in my bag. And parts of my backside took a while to get warm. I'll be back.
    Freezing Saddles - I dunno. How much colder than this? BRRRRR
    I might be revising history but it seemed like the weather for most of Freezing Saddles last year was similar to today, with a few cold and windy days and a few days in March where it actually seemed warm. I'll take a look at my rides from last year and see what Strava says the temperature was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

thanks @Judd. I don't even like to *walk* when it's below 20. But I would, you know, for bragging rights & stupid prizes. Not far, but a few miles!!

Post Thanks / Like

B-b-but I did say it has a great smell!

10. Likes huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

B-b-but I did say it has a great smell!
    There's still hope, Bobco. I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 35.

12. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Used the new Nite Ize spoke lights on the fixie this morning in the dark rainish. I can only assume they were nicely visible. They look dim just sitting there when not spinning, and from above you can't really tell. I may need to get a pic or video taken.

Either the fixie is getting slower, or I am. Blaming the bike is easier, but it's such a simple piece of equipment that that approach is certainly the wrong one.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Used the new Nite Ize spoke lights on the fixie this morning in the dark rainish. I can only assume they were nicely visible. They look dim just sitting there when not spinning, and from above you can't really tell. I may need to get a pic or video taken.
    I have Wheel Brightz and love them. Very bright and I only just replaced the batteries after about a year. People really like seeing them too, they get a lot of compliments.

Anyone else brave the rain this morning? When rain is forecast for both AM and PM commute, I usually wimp out for the Metro but it was just so warm, even the downpour at National didn't depress my mood!

15. Likes huskerdont liked this post