Post Thanks / Like

Breakfast of champions!

4. Likes AFHokie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New chain = quiet as death.

Who's death has yet to be determined.

#LoudChainsSaveLives

Post Thanks / Like

For today's "super fun commuting around wildlife adventure", I hit a bird on my bike ride in. Or really, the bird hit me. I was just doing my thing, being a PAL and commuting at a moderate pace along G St SW on my way to work. Then a group of 4-5 songbirds darts out of the tree in front of me. A few of of them made it past me fine, and then another went right into my right hand. Luckily, little birds are soft. After a slight tumble it righted itself and kept flying away to hang out with its friends, and I sustained nothing more serious than a tiny cut on my finger and some mild confusion over what I had just experienced. I'm just happy it fared better than the 2-3 smushed squirrels I saw on the roads today.

7. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    ELITE Judd ELITED this post
    mstone is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    For today's "super fun commuting around wildlife adventure", I hit a bird on my bike ride in. Or really, the bird hit me. I was just doing my thing, being a PAL and commuting at a moderate pace along G St SW on my way to work. Then a group of 4-5 songbirds darts out of the tree in front of me. A few of of them made it past me fine, and then another went right into my right hand. Luckily, little birds are soft. After a slight tumble it righted itself and kept flying away to hang out with its friends, and I sustained nothing more serious than a tiny cut on my finger and some mild confusion over what I had just experienced. I'm just happy it fared better than the 2-3 smushed squirrels I saw on the roads today.
    I've seen this one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EElxuL3AFC4

Post Thanks / Like

Headline: Cyclist maliciously punches songbird.

Expect Wheels&Wings to be picketing outside of your office today.

10. Likes streetsmarts, Emm, Steve O, Tania liked this post
    TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    New chain = quiet as death.

Who's death has yet to be determined.

#LoudChainsSaveLives
    This is why you need a loud freehub.

12. Likes Jenkinms, Tania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad your bird was alright! I almost hit an owl a few years ago on the lower MVT. It was sitting on one of the bridge posts and blended right in with the post. I rode by and he took off right over my head.

Post Thanks / Like

What a glorious morning!

15. Likes bentbike33 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you notice the tent set up between the ramp up to the 14th St Bridge and the river on the VA side this morning? GW Memorial Parkway and Campground