Likes Likes:  7,483
Dislikes Dislikes:  72
ELITE ELITE:  584
Page 390 of 677 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440490 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 6768

Thread: My Morning Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Meatmotor View Post
    14th St. Br. was... entertaining? All i know is Topper Shutt is a liar. The windiest it's been while I've ridden across the 14th St. Br. was sustained 30, gusts 45-55.

Today was worse than that day, despite Topper telling me sustained 15-20, gusts 30-35.
    I didn't hear what Topper Shutt said, but I will concur that today was about as windy I've ever ridden in across the 14th Street Bridge in my now six years of year-round commuting.

Gravelly Point was no picnic either. There were three riders including myself in a line, all separated by a couple hundred feet, all in the drops or hunched over for better aero. All of us were pedaling away to maintain 7-8 mph into the wind, watching as rcannon said, waves, yes, waves with whitecaps and all, on the Potomac.

It was easier going up the hill/ramp onto the 14th St Bridge than it was riding in the flat portions of the trail that preceded it.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't feel much wind until suddenly, 3/4 of the way across the TR Bridge, it felt like a hand came from behind and tried to take my helmet off. That wind sustained until I got to Virginia Ave. Ugh.

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    Hains Point this morning:

Front side at 300 watts = 25 mph
    Back side at 300 watts = 15 mph
    I was considering doing some HP laps after my hills this AM, but thought "wow, I can't imagine anything more miserable than riding up the Potomac side of HP". Good for you for getting out there. (Are you doing Thu AM workouts again?)

Riding up MacArthur was bad enough. The post-MD Arlington hills were so calm by comparison. All-in-all, a great workout!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    (Are you doing Thu AM workouts again?)
    https://www.strava.com/activities/250713524

It'll be ad-hoc for awhile, but I hope to start making it a regular thing once weather warms up. I'll keep you in the loop.

Post Thanks / Like

It'll be ad-hoc for awhile, but I hope to start making it a regular thing once weather warms up. I'll keep you in the loop.
    Blasphemy!

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Hains Point on Zwift?

Post Thanks / Like

So I'm finally starting to kick my cold-turned-into-bronchitis. I decided I'm tired of driving and today would be my triumphant return to commuting (I've been doing only sleaze rides to help my team in BAFS). I didn't really read the weather, but seriously, what the ___. It's bad enough when you're only at 80% strength, coughing randomly, and leaving little snot rockets everywhere, but when you're riding into the wind along the river for 11 miles, ugh.

At one point of a slight downhill segment (between Memorial Bridge and 14th St where there is that big dip), I was literally forced to pedal to avoid from coming to a complete stop. It was miserable. But one guy passed me very slowly and I think he said in a cheery voice, "well, got to go forward to go backward." So it lifted my spirits for the remainder of the ride.

I am most looking forward to my return ride. I expect to pedal exactly 1 of my 16 miles and let mother nature carry me the rest of the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Is Hains Point on Zwift?
    Hains Point IS Zwift.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    Blasphemy!
    You could lose an digit to frostbite getting sweaty doing 5x5s at 110%!

Post Thanks / Like

You could lose an digit to frostbite getting sweaty doing 5x5s at 110%!
    Rule 5.