Page 616 of 637 FirstFirst ... 116516566606614615616617618626 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,160 of 6366

Thread: My Morning Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    I saw a herd of about 30 cops walking in loose formation along Lafayette Square this morning around 8:20. I just figured it was another day in Trumpland.
    Not sure about what you saw, but it is Police Week. That is also why there are flags at half-mast today.
    Last edited by MFC; 05-15-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default mounted police

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    I saw a herd of about 30 cops walking in loose formation along Lafayette Square this morning around 8:20. I just figured it was another day in Trumpland.
    On Ohio Drive, I passed mounted police from 50 states (maybe), horse trailers from 50 states, and navigated around horse poop from 50 states.

The horses were cool!

3. Likes Steve O, dbb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My "herd" of police were in a tighter formation as they moved east on Independence, preventing me from crossing to the south on 7th.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7398.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	14758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7397.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	14759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7396.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	14760

Post Thanks / Like

Generally today was lovely, despite being warmer than I would like given the extra mileage to hit Crystal City and need this week to get to work extra early.

However, at about 6:25am I was heading south on the MVT just south of Gravely Point and approaching the airport when I see a bike moving quite fast towards me (north bound) with little or no pedaling. "Damn electric bike," I thought to myself until it got closer. Then I hear and quickly smelled the 2-stroke engine. That was basically a motor cycle! Person was past me and no way to even say anything. I yelled "illegal bike," but was unlikely heard. WTF.

6. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    Generally today was lovely, despite being warmer than I would like given the extra mileage to hit Crystal City and need this week to get to work extra early.

However, at about 6:25am I was heading south on the MVT just south of Gravely Point and approaching the airport when I see a bike moving quite fast towards me (north bound) with little or no pedaling. "Damn electric bike," I thought to myself until it got closer. Then I hear and quickly smelled the 2-stroke engine. That was basically a motor cycle! Person was past me and no way to even say anything. I yelled "illegal bike," but was unlikely heard. WTF.
    Was it a red frame and possibly look like a full suspension mountain bike? On May 7th a around 5pm I passed someone headed north on the MVT under the rail bridge riding a bike with what clearly sounded and smelled like a 2 stroke engine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AFHokie; 05-19-2017 at 08:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AFHokie View Post
    Was it a red frame and possibly look like a full suspension mountain bike? On May 7th a around 5pm I passed someone headed north on the MVT under the rail bridge riding a bike with what clearly sounded and smelled like a 2 stroke engine

Yes. Which is why at first I thought it was just a souped-up (if that is how you spell it) e-bike.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AFHokie View Post
    I have seen this guy too but just once. Odd for sure but good luck getting this enforced. I have seen Park Police drive their motorcycles across the 14th St Bridge Path which is also a definite no-no.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I have seen this guy too but just once. Odd for sure but good luck getting this enforced. I have seen Park Police drive their motorcycles across the 14th St Bridge Path which is also a definite no-no.
    The Park Police riding motorcycles on the 14th bridge path is more than likely for familiarization in case they ever need to do so for an emergency. I have no issue with that; in fact I'd like to see the police on the trail more often.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone was super polite this am - people waited to pass me until the path was clear and called their passes/rang a bell (even the e-bikers!) and some even said hello or thank you.

But what was up with all the chipmunks?

Post Thanks / Like

Older lady weaving in and out of the L Street bike lane this morning on a scooter. You suck.