Page 1 of 104 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: My Morning Commute

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My Morning Commute

sucked I drove today, despite knowing the weather would be nice. I ate at the "Original Pancake House" in Bethesda yesterday, and by afternoon was feeling pretty nauseous. I'm not sure it was the food, nor do I really have any idea what the issue was really. Still feeling a little "blech" today, and woke up way too late to ride.

Just another manic Monday.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I also was not in the mood to bike commute after 50 States and some hill riding yesterday, but I didn't have a choice in the matter. My wife took the car out of town for work, so unless I call in sick, the bike is my only transportation option until Thursday. So I echo your "blech."

Post Thanks / Like

Ha! For once, I didn't overdo it on the road or on the dinner plate this weekend, so it was one of my strongest Mondays in a while. Plus Laurie's been fiddling with my pedal/cleat interface, and my legs feel better positioned than ever -- getting more power and comfort, and less stiffness after the ride. Not to rub it in, but the weather's awesome...

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbelt View Post
    Ha! For once, I didn't overdo it on the road or on the dinner plate this weekend, so it was one of my strongest Mondays in a while. Plus Laurie's been fiddling with my pedal/cleat interface, and my legs feel better positioned than ever -- getting more power and comfort, and less stiffness after the ride. Not to rub it in, but the weather's awesome...
    All-access to a bike shop AND a fit expert. Living the dream.

Post Thanks / Like

I third your blech. Ran 12 miles yesterday so today is rest day. :P

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    All-access to a bike shop AND a fit expert. Living the dream.
    Oh, she was a dream even before she was a fit expert....

Post Thanks / Like

I drove today also - knees are still aching from 50 States.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbelt View Post
    Oh, she was a dream even before she was a fit expert....
    You HAVE to say that!

And yes, as pointed out, tomorrow is another day. I'm looking forward to it. Needed something good for lunch today to wipe out the remaining ickies from the gut, so Afghan Kabob place was on the menu. I powered through a plate of lamb kabobs and, though they didn't have the gut cleansing effect I need, they were absolutely delicious and made me happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    I drove to work today. I can't remember the last time that happened. I just couldn't figure out a way to transport a 40-lb bag of dog food with my current rack and pannier setup.
    See, what you do is carry a 9-lb chicken home in your messenger bag.

Although if you're buying 40-lb bags your dog is probably rather larger than mine and you would need more chickens.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I drove in today too, and I wasn't happy about it -- even though there was no traffic. I'm really going to hate it on the way home. It was my first missed bike commute since early June.