Likes Likes:  7,053
Dislikes Dislikes:  66
ELITE ELITE:  584
Page 623 of 650 FirstFirst ... 123523573613621622623624625633 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,230 of 6496

Thread: My Morning Commute

  1. #6221
    Judd's Avatar
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    2,662
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post

    Banking though is another matter. But we bank at Wells Fargo, which may have customer service issues, but at least the Bradlee branch is positioned to avoid this sort of thing https://patch.com/virginia/oldtownal...pping-center-0
    This is why I do all of my banking online, although some car somewhere will find a way to fly out of my computer monitor soon, I'm sure.

  2. #6222
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    460
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So when are they fixing the Rosslyn counter? I am pretty sure I would have been a low number today.

  3. #6223
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    So when are they fixing the Rosslyn counter? I am pretty sure I would have been a low number today.
    +1. I left earlier to shower at work, and it would have been nice to see the count. With the departure of Tim Kelley, I fear top men are no longer on it.

    BTW, I only saw two cyclists on my drenched, dawn-ish commute. Both were women, both were going the other way, and one was taking the far left lane on Lee Highway in Rosslyn. If I can find a Strava flyby Ima give some kudos.

  4. #6224
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tukwila, WA
    Posts
    2,116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Today's combination of warm and wet weather meant a rain jacket and swimsuit were ideal commuter gear. I made a morning delivery to my parents' house on my way to work, so I had my mom (who was so confused to see me in my swimsuit outside the house in the morning that she thought she was still dreaming) get a pic:



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #6225
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    Today's combination of warm and wet weather meant a rain jacket and swimsuit were ideal commuter gear. I made a morning delivery to my parents' house on my way to work, so I had my mom (who was so confused to see me in my swimsuit outside the house in the morning that she thought she was still dreaming) get a pic...
    Haha! I was just going to ask what is appropriate cycling wear for weather such as today until I saw this. No problem showing up at work with your stars and stripes bathing suit? I don't know about the others, but I'm just glad that you aren't more "euro" in your choice of swimsuit wear (aka Speedos).

  6. #6226
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    554
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    I'm just glad that you aren't more "euro" in your choice of swimsuit wear (aka Speedos).
    "euro" or "aero"?

    Today is a great day for a rest day...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

  7. #6227
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tukwila, WA
    Posts
    2,116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This morning, I went to get my bike to head for HDCC, and I saw this

    The spider built a web hanging between both of my bikes overnight. We had a few words, and suffice to say, that spider was forcibly evicted for not paying rent.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #6228
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    College Park
    Posts
    211
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    This morning, I went to get my bike to head for HDCC, and I saw this

    The spider built a web hanging between both of my bikes overnight. We had a few words, and suffice to say, that spider was forcibly evicted for not paying rent.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kill it! Kill it with fire!

  9. #6229
    Judd's Avatar
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    2,662
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett L. View Post
    Kill it! Kill it with fire!
    If that spider marked it's web making as a commute in Strava, I'm going to lose my mind.

  10. #6230
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That's a pretty darn big one!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •