Page 621 of 624 FirstFirst ... 121521571611619620621622623 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,210 of 6237

Thread: My Morning Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crickey7 View Post
    I just bought a new bell that is much louder and easier to ring than my old one. Now, if I see anything within a 100 foot radius of me that looks like it might, in time, turn into something less than perfect bike-wise, I just ring the shit out of my bell.
    Brand and model? Inquiring minds want to know.

Post Thanks / Like

Planet Bike courtesy bell classic. I'm not wild about the brass finish, but otherwise like it a lot. The Incredibells have better aesthetics but are quieter, move around too much and the rubber dinger breaks after about two years of use, for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crickey7 View Post
    Planet Bike courtesy bell classic. I'm not wild about the brass finish, but otherwise like it a lot. The Incredibells have better aesthetics but are quieter, move around too much and the rubber dinger breaks after about two years of use, for me.
    The absolute best bike bells are Spurcycle. Expect to pay at least 5 times as much though

4. Likes Sunyata, Jenkinms, CaseyKane50 liked this post
    hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    The absolute best bike bells are Spurcycle. Expect to pay at least 5 times as much though
    Are they a lot better than the Crane brass bells?

I have a Spurcycle and it is great but the Crane look like a good value. I paid $45 for the black Spurcycle back in Kickstarter days; I am not sure I could justify $60.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of these. They replace the stem cap and are hella loud. People think you are much closer than you are when you ding.

http://wheelsmfg.com/products/access...ell-brass.html

More politically correct than singing out the opening lyrics of Officer by Operation Ivy.

7. Likes ChampionTier, KLizotte liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    Are they a lot better than the Crane brass bells?

I have a Spurcycle and it is great but the Crane look like a good value. I paid $45 for the black Spurcycle back in Kickstarter days; I am not sure I could justify $60.
    I have a Crane on my commuter bike, and it was amazing... Until I bought a Spurcycle to put on my gravel bike after almost losing my voice one Saturday morning on the W&OD (ONYERLEFT!). The Spurcycle is louder, sounds WAY more pleasant, and has a much smaller footprint on my bike than the Crane (there is not much real estate on drop bars).

That being said, I am not going to replace the Crane on my commuter bike until it dies (or until someone gifts me another Spurcycle). The Spurcycles are definitely nicer, but at three times the price of the Crane, I think I will keep what I have for now.

9. Likes Jenkinms, KLizotte, hozn, Crickey7, drevil liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another satisfied Spurcycle owner here. Got the brassy one because I didn't feel like spending extra money just for a black color.

I somehow stripped the adjustment screw on mine. I got a new one fairly quick and painlessly by ordering from their website.

11. Likes Crickey7 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rode north on Potomac Ave. as usual. I don't mind motorists trying to use it as a shortcut around Rt. 1 - they get punished for that by the backup to the Potomac Ave/Crystal Dr. intersection . Lack of easy access to the temporary MUP on the west side of the street, from the east side when heading north sucks, but the news about the plan to extend Potomac Ave Trail, presumably to meet the new Metro station, then go all the way to Crystal City is encouraging - a more comfortable route to ride on when the wind gusts are ridiculous.

Actually, what I dislike the most is the shuttle parked on Potomac Ave, across from the hotel, blocking the bike lane. With all the obstacles on the sidewalk (not human ones), there's no place to go other than try filtering between vehicles. Today I got to sprint ahead of the shuttle, thanks to that traffic backup, and beat it for a change

Post Thanks / Like

Was stinky until we hit some inclines and I was able to pass the guy in front of me.
    Seriously, if I can smell your rancid gear from 20 feet back first thing in the morning, you may have a hygiene problem.

14. Likes streetsmarts, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Punks can be smelly.

Quote Originally Posted by OneEighth View Post
    Was stinky until we hit some inclines and I was able to pass the guy in front of me.
    Seriously, if I can smell your rancid gear from 20 feet back first thing in the morning, you may have a hygiene problem.

16. Likes streetsmarts, OneEighth liked this post