Likes Likes:  7,296
Dislikes Dislikes:  68
ELITE ELITE:  584
Page 663 of 664 FirstFirst ... 163563613653661662663664 LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,630 of 6634

Thread: My Morning Commute

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning forecast: 42F
    Afterwork forecast: 65F

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to see the temp bike lane shift (due to construction) they've made on G between 14 and 13th NW. G street still sucks, but they're trying so points for effort.

3. Likes huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    Happy to see the temp bike lane shift (due to construction) they've made on G between 14 and 13th NW. G street still sucks, but they're trying so points for effort.
    I thought I'd be one of the first to use it, but then a car pulled into it in front of me so I was in the road instead. But yeah, I was happy to see mode separation here finally.

Post Thanks / Like

Be interesting to see if the Ocean Prime valet attendants honor the temp no parking signs.

Post Thanks / Like

Just so there is no mistaking that at least some e-bike riders think they are riding motorcycles, I was passed by someone on an e-bike today with a jacket that clearly read "DUCATI" on the back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    Just so there is no mistaking that at least some e-bike riders think they are riding motorcycles, I was passed by someone on an e-bike today with a jacket that clearly read "DUCATI" on the back.
    Better the ones who think they are riding motorcycles when they are actually riding bicycles than the other way around. I am in general a huge fan of e-bikes (even though I don't ride one myself). But I saw one riding around the other day that was as noisy as a motorcycle. I seriously hope not to encounter that one trying to ride the CCT.

Post Thanks / Like

My morning commute could definitely have been better! The frame to my Trek Verve--which is less than a year old--cracked. I have no idea how this can happen--after all, I avoided carbon forks precisely because I know they sometimes crack.

The good news is, it's covered by the warranty. And the bike shop was able to supply a rental bike, and even move all my accessories (lights, rack, Bar Mitts, etc.) over to the rental. The bad news is, even the largest rental bike the bike shop had forces me to hunch over much more than I like to reach the handlebars.

This comes on top of my having developed a vitreous hemorrhage, which causes me to see black spots everywhere. (It looks as though there are roaches on all the walls, which is disconcerting.) I just hope all of this is fixed before Freezing Saddles.

Post Thanks / Like

so sorry to hear this Carol. Glad the frame is under warranty and hope you get that fixed soon.

Also, I'm having that vitreous thing -but just one black spot . Apparently, it happens with age to most (?) people to one extent or another. No one told me! Hoping yours resolves soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts View Post
    so sorry to hear this Carol. Glad the frame is under warranty and hope you get that fixed soon.

Also, I'm having that vitreous thing -but just one black spot . Apparently, it happens with age to most (?) people to one extent or another. No one told me! Hoping yours resolves soon!
    Yeah, I've reached that stage in life when no matter what the problem is, there is an excellent chance I'll be told it's because of my age. But in this case, it manifested itself by my thinking I had a horrible roach infestation, with those little black dots scurrying everywhere. When I tried to squash one of the "roaches," I discovered it wasn't there. I went to the ER to rule out either a) retinal detachment, or b) psychotic break. I was quite relieved to discover it was neither.

11. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Though it was brisk this morning, I was still reminded of the old cycling commuter adage, "Any day you remember your underwear is a good day."

13. Likes huskerdont, Emm, Tania liked this post