Likes Likes:  7,342
Dislikes Dislikes:  72
ELITE ELITE:  584
Page 668 of 668 FirstFirst ... 168568618658666667668
Results 6,671 to 6,678 of 6678

Thread: My Morning Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post

Only disappointment was losing half my miles because I had touched my phone at CC, somehow had terminated the ride, and didn't check to turn it on again. Sorry Misfit Toys.
    *cough* there's a way to fix that and upload a ride if you've done the same route before *cough*

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216515918-My-activity-has-the-wrong-date-or-start-time

2. Likes lordofthemark, Judd, LhasaCM liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    *cough* there's a way to fix that and upload a ride if you've done the same route before *cough*

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216515918-My-activity-has-the-wrong-date-or-start-time
    Itís called text file doping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Emm, LhasaCM, AFHokie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    It’s called text file doping.
    I like to think of it as machine learning - you're trying to teach Strava what it should have recorded to properly document your ride.

6. Likes Steve O, Emm, Hancockbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I rode with Velotoze shoe covers yesterday. Kept my feet reasonably not cold. They don't really provide that much thermal insulation, but do a very good job keeping the wind off. Although done differently than regular shoe covers, they go on pretty easily. Taking them off is a minor PITA though. Can't attest to their waterproofness and actually hope I don't have to. I'm guessing they're probably not enough for sub-freezing temps, but I don't know what is really. I think where they'll really shine is in what I call "Belgian spring" weather, which is hopefully not too far off.

Also, I discovered they make a cover specifically for MTB shoes: https://www.velotoze.com/products/ta...nt=51664397254

Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    I don't have them yet so can't say from personal experiece. But here's the video. It looks both a little "involved" but also "easy."

NOTE: These are very road shoe specific covers with racers/die hard roadies in mind. Not to be used with MTB shoes or any shoes with a recessed cleat, e.g., SPD. Designed to be almost like shrink wrap in terms of fit. Both waterproof and aero. Very functional and EuroPro.

8. Likes Harry Meatmotor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is difficult to properly flip off a scofflaw car driver when wearing lobster mitts.

10. Likes Christob50, Steve O, elizsnyder, Hancockbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps a different design would work better?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new glove.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	19505

Three fingers instead of two.

12. Likes Hancockbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    I rode with Velotoze shoe covers yesterday. Kept my feet reasonably not cold. They don't really provide that much thermal insulation, but do a very good job keeping the wind off. Although done differently than regular shoe covers, they go on pretty easily. Taking them off is a minor PITA though. Can't attest to their waterproofness and actually hope I don't have to. I'm guessing they're probably not enough for sub-freezing temps, but I don't know what is really. I think where they'll really shine is in what I call "Belgian spring" weather, which is hopefully not too far off.

Also, I discovered they make a cover specifically for MTB shoes: https://www.velotoze.com/products/ta...nt=51664397254
    You're right, low temp cut is probably about 35-40 degrees. But for anything wet, velotoze can't be beat.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you for the "at work giggles"...oh how I resemble that remark. It's frustrating when they think you are happily waving in said giant mitts, versus trying to communicate ...keep up foreign relations...you know