Likes Likes:  7,342
Dislikes Dislikes:  72
ELITE ELITE:  584
Page 667 of 668 FirstFirst ... 167567617657665666667668 LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,670 of 6679

Thread: My Morning Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, shoe covers work, though if it's raining heavily I sometimes add a plastic bag over the shoe and inside the cover.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    A red rash like thing on one's feet is probably a reaction to cold wet, right? Not some weird allergy? And I really need some of those waterproof shoe covers if I am going to continue to be foolish enough to ride in stuff like this.
    Or hand foot and mouth disease (although that's very rare in adults), athletes foot, reaction to the fibers of your sock, or a whole host of other fun things, few of which are that serious.

When I get wet, my laundry detergent allergy acts up and gives me a rash. If I'm dry and not too sweaty, I'm fine. But too much sweat or rain, and I break out. Now-a-days I use free and clear laundry detergent so I'm fine, but back when I was younger it was bad. So also check what you're washing your clothes in, and any body-care stuff you use like soap, etc.

3. Likes huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crickey7 View Post
    Yes, shoe covers work, though if it's raining heavily I sometimes add a plastic bag over the shoe and inside the cover.
    Never done the plastic baggies, but for the first time today I used shoe covers that almost completely worked: brand new Louis Garneau H2O II's. They have a rubberized exterior that seems to work better than the dozen other kinds I've tried, and they have more coverage under the shoe (meaning they'll also wear out more quickly from walking, I guess). I was pretty happy to have feet that were dry except for the water that ran down the leg into the socks.

5. Likes Crickey7 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a couple pairs of these being sent to me for review.

https://www.velotoze.com/products/tall-shoe-cover

Good enough for Peter Sagan and Bora-Hansgrohe:

https://www.velotoze.com/blogs/spons...bora-hansgrohe

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    Or hand foot and mouth disease (although that's very rare in adults), athletes foot, reaction to the fibers of your sock, or a whole host of other fun things, few of which are that serious.

When I get wet, my laundry detergent allergy acts up and gives me a rash. If I'm dry and not too sweaty, I'm fine. But too much sweat or rain, and I break out. Now-a-days I use free and clear laundry detergent so I'm fine, but back when I was younger it was bad. So also check what you're washing your clothes in, and any body-care stuff you use like soap, etc.
    Thanks. It's all fine now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    I've got a couple pairs of these being sent to me for review.
    How much of a pain are they to get on/off?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have them yet so can't say from personal experiece. But here's the video. It looks both a little "involved" but also "easy."

NOTE: These are very road shoe specific covers with racers/die hard roadies in mind. Not to be used with MTB shoes or any shoes with a recessed cleat, e.g., SPD. Designed to be almost like shrink wrap in terms of fit. Both waterproof and aero. Very functional and EuroPro.
    Last edited by chuxtr; 02-12-2019 at 01:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I realize you didnae ask about mine but about chuxtr's, but for the record, the LG's in size XL went on pretty easily over a size 45 MTB shoe. Stretchy.

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of a pain. But they work really, really well.

One thing that helps is to keep them in a ziplock bag with a decent amount of talcum powder. If you take them off after a wet ride and just leave them out, they'll stick to themselves.

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

morning commute was great. For once the Eads Street PBL was completely fine. Coffee club was fun. And even the Maine Avenue PBL was fine - almost no pedestrians, none of whom really got in my way, and instead several well behaved scooter riders. And of course the weather was great.

Only disappointment was losing half my miles because I had touched my phone at CC, somehow had terminated the ride, and didn't check to turn it on again. Sorry Misfit Toys.

13. Likes buschwacker liked this post