Page 603 of 603 FirstFirst ... 103503553593601602603
Results 6,021 to 6,029 of 6029

Thread: My Morning Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    The spring season is not my friend so far. I went all freezing saddles not loosing my gloves, shoe covers, or other winter gear. This week I lost 2 gloves somewhere in my house, and then forgot one at work Tuesday (I switched from full finger to half gloves between AM and PM commutes). No worries I figured, I just wore a mismatched full finger pair the Wednesday morning, and thought I'd pick up my second nicer glove at the office when I got there. Not only did I STILL forget my second glove at the office last night, I also left my shoe covers under my desk which led to some seriously numb toes this AM. I spent most of this morning's ride just telling myself "at least your not driving at least your not driving..." over and over again in an effort to keep my mood positive and ignore my cold feet.

On a positive note, Saturday looks lovely, so I'm really looking forward to a nice warm ride then!
    If it makes you feel better, the first time I tried to use my balaclava, I wasted 10-15 searching for it, then rode to work thinking that I lost it. My anger at myself compensated for my ears getting cold. When I got into the locker room to take a shower, I realized I had the balaclava around my neck the whole time!

On another note, next time I ride in sub 35 F weather, I should try covering my nose/mouth with the balaclava. The congestion in my nose building up so that I can't breathe through it, and only through the mouth, is a nasty feeling.

2. Likes streetsmarts, ursus, Crickey7 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    The spring season is not my friend so far. I went all freezing saddles not loosing my gloves, shoe covers, or other winter gear. This week I lost 2 gloves somewhere in my house, and then forgot one at work Tuesday (I switched from full finger to half gloves between AM and PM commutes). No worries I figured, I just wore a mismatched full finger pair the Wednesday morning, and thought I'd pick up my second nicer glove at the office when I got there. Not only did I STILL forget my second glove at the office last night, I also left my shoe covers under my desk which led to some seriously numb toes this AM. I spent most of this morning's ride just telling myself "at least your not driving at least your not driving..." over and over again in an effort to keep my mood positive and ignore my cold feet.

On a positive note, Saturday looks lovely, so I'm really looking forward to a nice warm ride then!
    I had the opposite issue. The heated jacket I ordered arrived just in time for the nice spring weather. I got about two days' use out of it before stuffing it into the closet for next year.
    Last edited by cvcalhoun; 03-24-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    I had the opposite issue. The heated jacked I ordered arrived just in time for the nice spring weather. I got about two days' use out of it before stuffing it into the closet for next year.
    Put the battery in backwards for the summer!

5. Likes ian74, cvcalhoun, Crickey7 liked this post
    ELITE bobco85, dkel ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know who's cervelo that was at 14th and Jefferson this morning? Looked bad, frame broken in 3 places, cracked helmet, clothes scissored off by EMTs.

I took what was salvageable to hopefully find the rider and return their stuff.
    Contemplated locking what was left of the bike to the lamp post. But decided that might not help ultimately?

Hope the injuries were not too bad!

Post Thanks / Like

While on the W&OD this morning, a squirrel shot out of the grass and went head first into the rim and tire of my front wheel. It immediately bounced off and scampered off. That is all.

Post Thanks / Like

The CCT was packed this morning. A week ago, I saw exactly half as many pileated woodpeckers as I did cyclists on my ride in.

9. Likes ian74 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    While on the W&OD this morning, a squirrel shot out of the grass and went head first into the rim and tire of my front wheel. It immediately bounced off and scampered off. That is all.
    Squirrels are idiots. They don't even know how to get run over by a bike properly.

11. Likes ursus, Emm, bentbike33 liked this post
    Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    Why does everyone else have all the luck? 20 years commuting and the only animals I've ever struck are insects and humans.

13. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Why does everyone else have all the luck? 20 years commuting and the only animals I've ever struck are insects and humans.
    Don't forget earthworms! After an early-ride massacre today, I resolved to avoid anything earthwormy-looking. There are now many safe twigs in Seattle.

15. Likes kensei, streetsmarts, Steve O, Tania liked this post