Page 40 of 321 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 3204

Thread: My Morning Commute

  1. #391
    ShawnoftheDread's Avatar
    ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Annandale-Downtown
    Posts
    2,320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dcv View Post
    30 degrees in Gtown this morning, kinda cold for shorts - don't you think?
    That guy just doesn't want RCannon100 to make fun of him.

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fairfax, VA (Near GMU)
    Posts
    815
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dcv View Post
    30 degrees in Gtown this morning, kinda cold for shorts - don't you think?
    Don't know which is worse. Riding your bike in 30F in shorts, or sitting in a car in G'town traffic taking a picture of people having fun on their bikes.

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Live: Palisades, DC | Work: West End (21 & L)
    Posts
    902
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by essigmw View Post
    don't know which is worse. Riding your bike in 30f in shorts, or *being stuck* in a car in g'town traffic taking a picture of people having fun on their bikes.
    -FTFY

    and also FTFM?
    Last edited by Bilsko; 01-03-2013 at 11:42 AM. Reason: ummm...why no All-Caps for "FTFY"? - Fixed that for Me (too)

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Live: Palisades, DC | Work: West End (21 & L)
    Posts
    902
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dcv View Post
    30 degrees in Gtown this morning, kinda cold for shorts - don't you think?
    Even on the colder days, I'll usually just default to my knickers for the commute - only a little longer than those shorts.

  5. #395
    jrenaut's Avatar
    jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Columbia Heights, DC
    Posts
    2,295
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilsko View Post
    -ftfy
    I think the forum doesn't allow you to enter a post in all caps - some kind of spam/troll filter.

  6. #396
    consularrider is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dominion Hills
    Posts
    3,318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    I think the forum doesn't allow you to enter a post in all caps - some kind of spam/troll filter.
    Didn't stop ELITE! Maybe the post was too short?

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Falls Church
    Posts
    4,299
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilsko View Post
    Even on the colder days, I'll usually just default to my knickers for the commute - only a little longer than those shorts.
    Yeah... I haven't broken out the tights yet. Still using knickers. I do keep my knees warm though... as discussed in other threads.

  8. #398
    TwoWheelsDC's Avatar
    TwoWheelsDC is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westover
    Posts
    1,972
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilsko View Post
    Even on the colder days, I'll usually just default to my knickers for the commute - only a little longer than those shorts.
    Dang...today I wore tights over my bibs+knee warmers. Granted, it wasn't as cold as was initially forecast, so it ended up being overkill, but I wasn't hot by any means.

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Live: Palisades, DC | Work: West End (21 & L)
    Posts
    902
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Dang...today I wore tights over my bibs+knee warmers. Granted, it wasn't as cold as was initially forecast, so it ended up being overkill, but I wasn't hot by any means.
    Yeah, the problem is that for my normal commute, straight from home to the office (door-to-door), I only eek out 3 miles. Not enough to get really cold.

    Today I took a slightly longer route (7m) and had to deal with cold hands by the end, but legs were fine. I guess my shins/knees just dont get too cold. I may invest in a little jar of embrocation, soon.

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    835
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by essigmw View Post
    Don't know which is worse. Riding your bike in 30F in shorts, or sitting in a car in G'town traffic taking a picture of people having fun on their bikes.
    The latter is worse. Me, looking longingly out the window.


    I wish I was out there too.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •