Page 21 of 355 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: My Morning Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Certifried View Post
    I'm a WABA member! And I bought a jersey (which doesn't even come close to fitting, damn non-XL XLs)
    Let me know when you get a BikeArlington jersey. We have them up to 2XL...

DismalScientist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's one of my "average" rides. Sometimes I'm faster, sometimes I'm slower: http://app.strava.com/activities/26040044

Tim says something like just pedal faster...

That doesn't work, I have gears. Good advice for the other 1/2 of the forum.
    1) That about the same speed I do when commuting in traffic. It seems reasonable.

2) Even with gears, you go faster if you pedal faster.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    Let me know when you get a BikeArlington jersey. We have them up to 2XL...
    I bought one a while ago. It was the last large sized jersey they had in stock (2X, which is slightly large, but I'm planning for the future). There was only 1 jersey remaining, a very small one. I don't know if they've stocked up since or not

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one a while ago. It was the last large sized jersey they had in stock (2X, which is slightly large, but I'm planning for the future). There was only 1 jersey remaining, a very small one. I don't know if they've stocked up since or not
    As of Saturday, Revolution had a good selection of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by culimerc View Post
    As of Saturday, Revolution had a good selection of them.
    which Revolution was that? I'd been to the one on Wilson Blvd. Hopefully they got more in

Post Thanks / Like

which Revolution was that? I'd been to the one on Wilson Blvd. Hopefully they got more in
    Yes, Clarendon. I stocked them up about 3 or 4 weeks ago. When was the last time you were there?

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Traffic has been pretty light so far this week, which makes for a more relaxing ride. Not that my ride is really affected by traffic, but there are a few chokepoints I have ride through that are much easier to deal with when cars aren't backed up for a 1/4 mile, forcing me to ride on the shoulder up to the light.

Took the R3 today gotta do some extra hills after work. I think it's going to take a few rides to adjust to the compact double. With my road triple (52/42/30 with a 12-25 cassette), I can do most climbs with the middle ring and drop into the granny if I'm tired or it's really steep (damn you 41st St!), but I do use it and have gotten used to a shift pattern that includes that third ring...so it's not so much about losing on the low end, but just figuring out the shifting with only two rings to work with. I think my hangup is that I equate the 34t ring with the middle ring on my triple, so I'm hesitant to shift down to the low end of the cassette. I'm sure I'll get used to it quickly, but it was something I noticed this weekend and this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    Yes, Clarendon. I stocked them up about 3 or 4 weeks ago. When was the last time you were there?
    The Revolution Bikes in Clarendon had a very limited selection this past Sunday - 2XL, one S and XS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    The Revolution Bikes in Clarendon had a very limited selection this past Sunday - 2XL, one S and XS.
    I'll check in with them and see about a restock.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    Looks like you might have been looking in the Women's section? Plenty of Men's and they said they restocked
    the Women's just recently (in the past few days).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-11-20_16-59-38_507.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	2088