Page 16 of 338 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: My Morning Commute

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    She is pretty quick in that regard, but it was 20 minutes just to roll out of bed and put some tights and a jersey on...doesn't include getting ready at her office.
    You surely have no appreciation for the lives led by your fellow men.
    Last edited by ShawnoftheDread; 11-06-2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Yes, of course I'm kidding.

Post Thanks / Like

Five broken spokes!? Felt a little wobbly, eh? At least the brake wasn't rubbing! The stock rear wheel on my disc brake bike was sort of defective. I broke about six spokes, but I never rode with more than three broken at the same time. I should have tried to warranty that wheel. A good reason to buy from a shop that cares about it's customers.

It's much more common to break drive side spokes on rear wheels (vs. non-drive side) and they are usually harder to replace. Disc brakes complicate changing non-drive side spokes and perhaps because of that, most of the broken spokes on this wheel were non-drive side. In fact I did not have a Torx wrench that provided sufficient leverage to break the rotor bolts free (brake rotor bolts are installed with Loctite). I recommend the Park Tool T-handle Torx wrench.
    Last edited by Rod Smith; 11-06-2012 at 03:32 PM.

rcannon100 is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope your morning commute was better than this guys.....

http://cyclejerk.blogspot.com/2012/1...000-words.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Hope your morning commute was better than this guys.....

Congratulations! Today you've won three internets for that post!

Greenbelt is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I've still got my old wheels from your very same bike if you want to use while you're waiting for warranty replace. -Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    hope your morning commute was better than this guys.....

cx fail!!

jrenaut is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a morning commute but an evening one - I had a work happy hour at Churchkey last night. My two coworkers left 5-10 minutes before I did. They walked out of the building, across the street to the bus stop, and took the bus directly to Churchkey. I went downstairs, changed, grabbed my bike, rode to Churchkey, locked up my bike, and beat them there by five minutes.

Oh, and I was briefly held up on the way by a gentleman driving a shuttle bus who wanted to u-turn on PA Ave. I told him, loudly but politely, that no turns were allowed. Then I told him again, and again, then stopped in the intersection where he was trying to turn and told him agian, then he decided to turn right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbelt View Post
    I think I've still got my old wheels from your very same bike if you want to use while you're waiting for warranty replace. -Jeff
    Rod nailed it, a bike shop that really DOES care! I'm good though, Jeff, thanks. Not commuting too much lately, and can use the Trek for the few days I do. Thanks though! It's truly appreciated. See you Saturday and Sunday for sure!

rcannon100 is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the similarity between subway commuters and bike commuters?

Neither can fit their asses on/in their seats

[Ug. My repair parts cant come fast enough. Day one of riding the subway commuting. I am getting a 2nd bike for xmas!]

Post Thanks / Like

Smacked the alarm off at 00:dark:30 this morning. Went back to sleep. Now I'm not sure if I'm depressed because I didn't ride, or wanting to ride because I'm depressed. Either way, there's only one solution. Ride.