Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Names for unnamed trails

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Names for unnamed trails

Arlington County is working on making and installing trail signs. Some of our trails are unnamed, making it difficult to sign them. I suggest we come up with names.
    I recommend descriptive names that help make them easy to identify.

For instance, there is a trail on the north side of I-66 that runs from McKinley Road to Quantico St. I don't believe that trail has a name. Before we can sign it, we have to name it. Some suggestions might be:

- Highland Park Trail
    - I-66 Northside Trail

Likewise with the trail that runs from Long Branch Nature Center down to Four-Mile Run. I suggest Long Branch Trail for that one.

Know of others? Have other suggestions?

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

The most difficult trail of all for identification is the Four-Mile Run trail. This trail exists in at least four sections if not more. Personally I would suggest renaming some of those sections to reduce confusion. For instance, the section that runs through Madison Manor could be renamed "Madison Manor Trail." That's descriptive and easy to understand. People who are familiar with that part of the trail instantly know where it is. Many may not even know it's part of the 4-Mile Run Trail, and it's probably often identified as "the part of 4-Mile Run Trail that runs through Madison Manor." Well, duh, just call it what it is--Madison Manor Trail. Similarly with the next section east - "Dominion Hills Trail."

What do you think?

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I suggest "Baiskeli Trail" for all of them.