Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Shirlington Sunday Rides - year round!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shirlington Sunday Rides - year round!

This is just a reminder and an invitation to all that there is a 16 mile "Arlington Loop" group ride starting at 10 a.m. every Sunday year-round (weather permitting) that leaves from the plaza in front of the Shirlington Library, followed by lunch in Shirlington afterwards. All are welcome. For more information, go to "Maps and Rides" from the BikeArlington home page, then the Group Rides page, and scroll down to below the Shop Rides, where it says "Lunch in Shirlington" Ride. We're a very friendly and convivial group - come join us! Ron Trueworthy leads a great ride.

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the avg speed of the ride?

Many thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

The average speed is probably about 10 to 12 mph, but those who like to go faster sometimes do and just meet up with the group for lunch back in Shirlington. The ride is advertised on the BikeArlington site, Potomac Pedalers and the Washington Ski Club,and www.bikepptc.org is the best place to look to see if there is a cancellation for any reason (usually weather-related if there is one). I think they were looking for a ride leader for this weekend, but I'm sure one of the regulars has stepped up. Sorry for the late reply on the forum. I think I replied separately to KLizotte back in the Spring, but I should have posted it here as well. I have other commitments for this Sunday and next and won't be going, but this is a great time of year to get out there!