Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kids Bike

mstone is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

that torker interurban looks interesting. did you notice on the web site, or did you actually see one?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Torker bike (Cargo-T). It can be ordered at any bike shop that deals with Seattle Bike Supply (lots of 'em). I have not yet seen an interurban in the wild.
    I was thinking about the "next bike" for my twins when I looked on the website.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FFX_Hinterlands View Post
    I have a Torker bike (Cargo-T). It can be ordered at any bike shop that deals with Seattle Bike Supply (lots of 'em). I have not yet seen an interurban in the wild.
    I was thinking about the "next bike" for my twins when I looked on the website.
    Yeah, that's pretty much the problem: any of these bikes can be ordered, but can you poke at one & try it out somewhere? (Let alone compare some side-by-side.) I guess the LBSs don't want to even try to compete with walmart for youth bikes. (Can't blame them.)

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Raleigh's 2013 catalogue has a nice aluminum 6-speed with street tires called the Rowdy. It looks like a freestyle/BMX but geared. I think Spokes Etc. and REI both stock Raleighs.

Post Thanks / Like

The raleigh looks like another interesting choice. I ended up going for the specialized street (sight unseen) just a couple of days ago. I'll report after Christmas how it works out in practice.

Post Thanks / Like

How do you find the willpower not to just give it to him now? Got my son a balance bike for his 2nd bday next month and it is killing me not to just see him try it out.

Live: Palisades, DC | Work: West End (21 & L)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jopamora View Post
    How do you find the willpower not to just give it to him now? Got my son a balance bike for his 2nd bday next month and it is killing me not to just see him try it out.
    Ha! Amazon just delivered my daughter's Balance Bike (Skuut) for Christmas this afternoon. I CANT WAIT TO PUT IT TOGETHER AND TRY IT OUT. Err... have my daughter try it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jopamora View Post
    Pragmatism: I have three kids and a finite amount of space; if I give him the bike now, I'll need to come up with something else for Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bilsko View Post
    Ha! Amazon just delivered my daughter's Balance Bike (Skuut) for Christmas this afternoon. I CANT WAIT TO PUT IT TOGETHER AND TRY IT OUT. Err... have my daughter try it out.
    Quick tip- if your daughter is on the young and or short inseam side, assemble the Skuut with the "top tube" / plank upside down and drill a quick 1/4" hole for the new seat position. It drops the stand-over by 2"+ inches beyond the lowest OE seat position and gives the bike a super-cruiser look...

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bilsko View Post
    I CANT WAIT TO PUT IT TOGETHER AND TRY IT OUT. Err... have my daughter try it out.
    The first bike I put together on my Park Tool stand was my son's super elite Toys R Us bike.

But he hardly rides it