Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    "a minefield of dumb games and social cliques badly disguised as a forum for DC bike advocacy."
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, we were talking about creating some group swag. How about someone create a Hunt for Read October graphic, with a red CABI in place of the submarine. Underneath the logo can be our motto: "Conn, sonar! Crazy Ivan! "

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hunt_for_red_october_ver1.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	1538

Post Thanks / Like

having been a submarine officer, and having given orderes to sonar from the conn, I would like to be involved in the creation of this. Funny story, when onboard a submarine going out to sea, you are allowed to bring along an "underway cap" to wear in place of the uniform ship's ball cap. Some people brought a cap of their favorite ball club, I brought a Colonial Williamsburg Tri-corner hat. And once underway I learned that the Executive Officer really gets upset if you give orders from the Conn in a pirate voice whilst wearing a 'pirate hat'. "Helm, Sonar, Dive, Ti's be Leftenanant Essig -- the Deck and the Conn be Mine!". "Conn, Xo fix yourself!"

Post Thanks / Like

Arghh!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KelOnWheels View Post
    Have you tried riding a bike in a skirt? It's not easy!
    It depends on how short it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KelOnWheels View Post
    Have you tried riding a bike in a skirt? It's not easy!
    Do Kilts or sarongs count?

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baiskeli View Post
    I'm STILL giggling after reading this post. Well done.
    I giggled some more this morning when I pinged some joggers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by essigmw View Post
    having been a submarine officer, and having given orderes to sonar from the conn, I would like to be involved in the creation of this. Funny story, when onboard a submarine going out to sea, you are allowed to bring along an "underway cap" to wear in place of the uniform ship's ball cap. Some people brought a cap of their favorite ball club, I brought a Colonial Williamsburg Tri-corner hat. And once underway I learned that the Executive Officer really gets upset if you give orders from the Conn in a pirate voice whilst wearing a 'pirate hat'. "Helm, Sonar, Dive, Ti's be Leftenanant Essig -- the Deck and the Conn be Mine!". "Conn, Xo fix yourself!"
    That rules.

I'll remind everyone that talk like a pirate day (Sept 19) is only a few short weeks away. Every year I come thisss close to getting divorced... maybe training our toddler to stomp around and fret about his wenches and dressing the baby up like a parrot was a step too far...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuyContinental View Post
    That rules.

I'll remind everyone that talk like a pirate day (Sept 19) is only a few short weeks away. Every year I come thisss close to getting divorced... maybe training our toddler to stomp around and fret about his wenches and dressing the baby up like a parrot was a step too far...
    No way I could get away with that. My wife wont even put up with my random Conan the Barbarian quotes said in Arnold's voice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuyContinental View Post
    maybe training our toddler to stomp around and fret about his wenches and dressing the baby up like a parrot was a step too far...
    Man, if I had a baby I'd TOTALLY dress it up as a parrot for TLAPD! Then I'd stick it in a pannier and take it on the Metro.

Now where can I get a spare baby?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5555624 View Post
    It depends on how short it is.
    So the other day I thought I'd run out at lunchtime and ride to the bank, only I didn't want to bother changing into the full-on bike kit.

I was pretty sure I could ride in the skirt I had on, so it didn't seem like a problem. It didn't occur to me that I can't get ON my bike in a skirt...