Thread: Steel plates in 15th St cycletrack

Post Thanks / Like

Default Steel plates in 15th St cycletrack

Not too far north of Penn Ave (I'll get a better location on that next time I'm over there.) The edges are fine but there's a road-tire-sized gap right in the middle of the plates that could seriously wreck someone. Keep an eye out if you're northbound.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KelOnWheels View Post
    Not too far north of Penn Ave (I'll get a better location on that next time I'm over there.) The edges are fine but there's a road-tire-sized gap right in the middle of the plates that could seriously wreck someone. Keep an eye out if you're northbound.
    Yes, right next to Treasury, in both directions.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to worry anymore -- someone put traffic cones over the gap in the plates, so now instead of avoiding the narrow gap near the center line between the two lanes, you only have to worry about hitting the large traffic cones. Is there any problem that traffic cones can't solve?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    Not to worry anymore -- someone put traffic cones over the gap in the plates, so now instead of avoiding the narrow gap near the center line between the two lanes, you only have to worry about hitting the large traffic cones. Is there any problem that traffic cones can't solve?
    WE'RE SAVED!

Well at least you can bounce gently off the cones into oncoming traffic prior to getting run over, rather than dropping a wheel into the gap and going out with a dramatic OTB vault.