Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaking Of Happy Hours...Proposal For Recurring Happy Hour(s)

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    Meridian Pint in Columbia Heights has some bike parking (And is 7 blocks from my house . . .), good food, and some of the best beer in the city.
    Even though I'm in Capitol Hill, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Room 11 or Wonderland as backups? They both have lots of outdoor seating and bike parking, but admittedly, I haven't spent much time at either even though I lived in CoHi for a year.

Post Thanks / Like

My only concern with this fun plan is that if happy hours are too often, then they may get diluted with low turnout. I don't think I'd be able to get to more than 1/month at best..... not that I'm the life of the party or anything though. Heh but I think the big turnout in Shirlington was because it had been a while since the last one. I think.

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

What about one of the restaurants along the Georgetown waterfront, perhaps Tony & Joe's. They have indoor and outdoor seating. I suppose the outdoor seating would be less appealing in the winter.

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have said it before and I will say it again: I fully support the cyclist-goofing-off-agenda!

Friday Coffee Club convenes every friday and always gets a nice little crowd.

I am a little concerned about Falls Church. Generally this is a group of commuters and the location has to be remotely on the way home. Shirlington is a pretty good fit. GTown could work. I have looked at the SW Waterfront but it is largely dead. Another possibility is Crystal City - I have scoped it and the one good option I see there is Jaleos.

Love the idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creadinger View Post
    My only concern with this fun plan is that if happy hours are too often, then they may get diluted with low turnout. I don't think I'd be able to get to more than 1/month at best..... not that I'm the life of the party or anything though. Heh but I think the big turnout in Shirlington was because it had been a while since the last one. I think.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. But that was the idea behind spacing them out geographically. Personally, I think I could probably only make it to the Chasin' Tails happy hour, and maybe the Cap City one. That's only once or twice per month, and I can probably swing that, but there's no way I could go out every single Thursday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Even though I'm in Capitol Hill, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Room 11 or Wonderland as backups? They both have lots of outdoor seating and bike parking, but admittedly, I haven't spent much time at either even though I lived in CoHi for a year.
    Wonderland is only bike-friendly if the bike is a teal fixie with mismatched tires. I haven't been to Room 11 since the expansion (And I'm not sure it's done yet), but they are VERY SMALL. The joke is Room FOR 11, and that's not far off.

Columbia Heights is pretty out of the way for most of the forum, though.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    I am a little concerned about Falls Church. Generally this is a group of commuters and the location has to be remotely on the way home. Shirlington is a pretty good fit. GTown could work. I have looked at the SW Waterfront but it is largely dead. Another possibility is Crystal City - I have scoped it and the one good option I see there is Jaleos.
    What about Rosslyn or Ballston instead of Falls Church?

Also, seems to me (admittedly DC-centric) that Crystal City would mainly be convenient for the people who could also make Shirlington, so one or the other, I would think.

What about one HH generally South (Shirlington/CC), one generally West (Rosslyn/Clarendon/Ballston/FC), one central/SW (Foggy Bottom, Gtown, Rosslyn) and the final central/NE (Columbia Heights, Capital Hill, all those places that are too cool for me to know about)?

Again, I probably can't go much, so take my suggestions with a grain of ... something.

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone out there with IT skills that can create a web based survey of preferred neighborhoods? I'm thinking a listing of all possible neighborhoods (e.g., Clarendon, Columbia Heights, GTown, Shirlington, etc) could be shown with checkboxes. People would then check off those places they would be willing to travel to for happy hour. The neighborhoods with the top votes are those that we would concentrate on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    What about one HH generally South (Shirlington/CC), one generally West (Rosslyn/Clarendon/Ballston/FC), one central/SW (Foggy Bottom, Gtown, Rosslyn) and the final central/NE (Columbia Heights, Capital Hill, all those places that are too cool for me to know about?
    That makes sense, then we've got one centrally located and one for each major commuting direction

The beer garden at Standard (14th & S) is fun and has bike parking, though staking out tables could be tough. We could all roll in in our matching jerseys and give the hipsters The Look (or maybe just some Blue Steel).

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Cyclists-Goofing-Off-Agenda survey

Survey is ready for your input! Go to Cyclists-Goofing-Off-Agenda survey!

You should be able to see the results here.
    Last edited by rcannon100; 07-24-2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: I AM ZIM!!!!