Page 22 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Covet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vvill View Post
    Yeah I've seen the Civilian line-up but not a big fan of their BIG FRENCH WORD theme.

The Spot frame is "only" $1400 though. Surely supplying your own Gates Centertrack drive parts, fork (the Spot one is Al steerer-carbon legs, so plenty of other similar on the market) BB7s, crank, wheelset, and other standard parts you could build it for less than $3400? People often end up with their own saddle and handlebars / wrap anyway, and brake levers can be pretty cheap too.
    Funny ha-ha, I thought the big french words make it fancy
    Last edited by dcv; 11-13-2012 at 07:01 PM.

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcv View Post
    Funny, I thought the big french words make it fancy
    Maybe? I don't know, I don't really like flashy/gaudy designs on my bike. Or anything about a king.

Funny that SSCX is all the rage now. I spent some time over the weekend looking at some of them online for no particular reason. The full Spot build is supposedly <19lb which is nice for steel + disc brakes although their warranty isn't that generous for a $1400 frame. The All-City Nature Boy and Masi Speciale looked nice too although they're heavier, and Felt and Redline make Al SS CX bikes. I guess I should actually figure out if I do want to ride a SS let alone a SS CX first though... I figure if I get a SS it should be a SS CX for the versatility of wider tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I've seen the Civilian line-up but not a big fan of their BIG FRENCH WORD theme.
    *snerk*

If/when I ever get a new bike, I might have to cut some custom lettering that says BIG FRENCH WORD.

Post Thanks / Like

Price seems a little high but all the stock stuff is pretty nice

http://spotbrand.com/bikes/product-page/mod-disc-ss/
    Look at the component spec and frame info on the bike and you'll see why the price seems a little high. I'm picky as heck about how I'd build out a bike and honestly, there isn't much that I'd change on that bike. Everything is pretty close to top shelf for this kind of bike. I'm tempted!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe? I don't know, I don't really like flashy/gaudy designs on my bike. Or anything about a king.

Funny that SSCX is all the rage now. I spent some time over the weekend looking at some of them online for no particular reason. The full Spot build is supposedly <19lb which is nice for steel + disc brakes although their warranty isn't that generous for a $1400 frame. The All-City Nature Boy and Masi Speciale looked nice too although they're heavier, and Felt and Redline make Al SS CX bikes. I guess I should actually figure out if I do want to ride a SS let alone a SS CX first though... I figure if I get a SS it should be a SS CX for the versatility of wider tires.
    My brother has a Nature Boy - it's a fun bike, rides great, and looks awesome. Wouldn't be my first choice as a race bike but as a do-everything bike it's great.

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Darn. I already have a do everything bike (or two)

Quote Originally Posted by KelOnWheels View Post
    If/when I ever get a new bike, I might have to cut some custom lettering that says BIG FRENCH WORD.
    And ELITE! Which etymologically comes to us via Old French, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Look at the component spec and frame info on the bike and you'll see why the price seems a little high. I'm picky as heck about how I'd build out a bike and honestly, there isn't much that I'd change on that bike. Everything is pretty close to top shelf for this kind of bike. I'm tempted!
    It is a nice spec, I agree. I might pay teh dollarz for that frame, maybe not $2000 more for the full thing though.

Post Thanks / Like

And ELITE! Which etymologically comes to us via Old French, apparently.
    So it will also be a BIG FRENCH WORD!

Now I want a BIG FRENCH WORD jersey. Who wants to start a cycling wear company with me?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    My brother has a Nature Boy - it's a fun bike, rides great, and looks awesome. Wouldn't be my first choice as a race bike but as a do-everything bike it's great.
    I keep looking at the Space Horse... I just wish it had disc brake attachment thingys. (I are technical!)

Greenbelt is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KelOnWheels View Post
    So it will also be a BIG FRENCH WORD!

Now I want a BIG FRENCH WORD jersey. Who wants to start a cycling wear company with me?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	november farm ride 2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	2051

Post Thanks / Like

Someone at work has these tires and they are awesome & stripey and I wants some!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352921471.318402.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	2052

Because they would be amazing with the stripey jersey!

Except apparently they're lousy tires.

Oh well.
    Last edited by KelOnWheels; 11-14-2012 at 01:58 PM. Reason: I like cheese.