Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where would you like to see a Capital Bikeshare station?

Post Thanks / Like

I am disappointed that the stations don't go very far North in DC. They should extend them that way. In particular, we need one at Connecticut & Nebraska Aves NW for Politics & Prose bookstore & the restaurants. The nearest stations are a mile away! Also, we need one near the Friendship Heights metro station for the many stores & restaurants there. Takoma Park and Silver Spring need stations too! And the Rosslyn area. I like the coverage so far, but these additions are necessary for it to be even more useful.

Post Thanks / Like

West Falls Church Metro, Dunn Loring Metro, and Vienna Metro.

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Putting them at Metro stations doesn't do any good unless they are also located at locations someone wants to ride to from the Metro.
    I recommend filling in the existing gaps in the system before extending it out to places like Dunn Loring and Vienna. Unless a Metro stop has at least 5-10 other stations within a mile or so, it won't do much good.

For Rosslyn/Courthouse, I recommend placing a stations no more than 1000 feet apart.

Post Thanks / Like

I would put one either inside the Navy Yard, or just outside the gate (M between 6th and 7th, SE). There are a lot of people who walk or ride shuttles between the navy yard and the navy yard metro. Also if just outside the gate (for security reasons) would be nice for people parking for Nats games at the various parking lots up and down M street.

Post Thanks / Like

The Columbia Pike corridor desperately needs Bike Share Stations!! Let's start with Columbia Pike at Walter Reed and S. Glebe Roads!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Columbia Pike!

Columbia Pike would be great! A lot of us use ART to get to the Wilson Blvd area from the Pike, but we'd love to be able to get there on our own schedule with bikeshare. Of course we could easily use bikeshare to get to the Pentagon City and Crystal City bike locations from here too.

Also, Shirlington and Four Mile Run.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aglenn View Post
    The Columbia Pike corridor desperately needs Bike Share Stations!! Let's start with Columbia Pike at Walter Reed and S. Glebe Roads!
    Agreed. Also, Columbia Pike & South Courthouse Rd would be a great spot for bikeshare.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xiann View Post
    Agreed. Also, Columbia Pike & South Courthouse Rd would be a great spot for bikeshare.
    I agree with aglenn and xiann, we definitely need a bikeshare station on Columbia Pike. Anywhere between S. Glebe and S. Courthouse would be great! I'd recommend Columbia Pike and S. Barton Street because it's a central location in the Columbia Pike commercial corridor.

Post Thanks / Like

Put it near Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse for the obvious reasons plus it will make the other local businesses more accessible from CaBi stations in north arlington. Ok, really...I also want it near Papillon Cycles to send them some more business.

Brendan

Post Thanks / Like

All the metro stops along RB Corridor, The DHS Bus stop near Courthouse and 2nd Street South, Arlington Drafthouse area on Columbia Pike, and of course down in Shirlington!