Thread: MPD (DC Police) was cracking down on the Texting while Driving drivers

Post Thanks / Like

Default MPD (DC Police) was cracking down on the Texting while Driving drivers

I'm happy to see the MPD is pulling over the Texting while Driving drivers near 9th and H NW today. I almost got hit by a such driver on the same 9th street.

There was about 9 officers and very busy writing tickets for them. It was a long line of pulled over cars.

It was funny when you see an officer is writing a ticket for one driver and another driver in the next lane stopped next him then pull out the iPhone to text. The officer knocked on the window and show the parking space to park. Hopefully, it would help to reduce the number of Texting while Driving. It's danger for everyone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1471.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	1169   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1468.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	1170   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1466.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	1171  

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to see this. I come across zombie texting drivers all the time. They weave between lanes and pull out of parking lots and parking garages without even looking for other cars, cyclists or pedestrians.

Post Thanks / Like

... Until they leave, then it goes back to normal.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

My experience with MPD leads me to think they'll focus entirely on people already stopped at lights and ignore those barreling down the road phone in hand.