Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Wife has ordered me to thin out the collection

DismalScientist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wife has ordered me to thin out the collection

Apparently my bicycle collection is not allowed to exceed double digits. Accordingly, I offer for sale the following:

Late '80s Cannondale Criterium series, 25" frame.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cannondale2.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	1151

I picked this up from Phoenix Bike, but it is a little too big for me. I don't know whether this oversized Aluminum frame is 2.8 or 3.0, but the fork is steel. 2x7 gearing with Cyclone derailleurs and friction shifting on the downtube (as God intended). The 700 C wheels are mismatched. Asking $350.

1978 Raleigh SuperCourse, 25" frame. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raleigh.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	1152

This one is also a bit too big. The frame is Reynolds 531 and the components are all branded Raleigh, from the Weimann centerpull brakes, the Suntour VGT derailleur, and the Suntour friction barend shifters. 2x7 gearing and mismatched 700 C wheels. Asking $300.

Mid '90s Marin Limited Edition, 22" frame. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marin.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	1153

This one is a bit too small. This aluminum framed bicycle features RX100 components throughout. 2x7 gearing with indexed shifters on the downtube and wheel with Wolbur rims that match! Asking $250.

Late 80's Bianchi Mountain Bike, with what would be the equivalent of a 23" frame on a road bike. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bianchi side.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	1154

This one I am selling for a former tenant. The frame is steel. The color is Celeste. It has Deore LX components and a U-brake in back Asking $125.

Post Thanks / Like

99 bikes max ? Such a bummer. I'm thinking thats the sort of thing that "The Taming of the Shrew" grew from.

Post Thanks / Like

That Marin Limited Edition is SUPER CUTE

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Casey View Post
    99 bikes max ? Such a bummer. I'm thinking thats the sort of thing that "The Taming of the Shrew" grew from.
    I got 99 problems but a bike ain't one.

Post Thanks / Like

That Raleigh looks like it has a bent fork... could just be the picture though.

DismalScientist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

It's an optical illusion.

Post Thanks / Like

Another bike returned from long term loan. The wife said I don't need three steel touring bikes. This one is a mid '80s 23" Schwinn Voyageur
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	voyageur side.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	1249

This has a Columbus Tenax frame, 27" wheels, Dia-Compe cantis, and 3x7 Index shifting with Shimano "Light Action Shifting" derailleurs. Asking $250.