Thread: W&OD Trail Work -- Repaving through Vienna

Post Thanks / Like

Default W&OD Trail Work -- Repaving through Vienna

I was off the bike yesterday so I don't know when this began, but apparently they are repaving the W&OD through Vienna. The first picture is where I join, between Maple and Cedar. It wasn't clear if it was okay to ride on, but another cyclist passed just as I was pondering this so I rode on. Before I got to Cedar, I was confronted with the signs in the next photo. I got off my bike and walked it along the gravel path next to the trail, but once I got past some pedestrians I got back on and rode through the gravel. The last photo is just past Cedar, so it looks like they will continue on the other side of Cedar today.

It looks nice, smoother than before (although I didn't think it was that bad before). Looks like there will be a tremendous drop off at the edge of the paved trail in spots. Making it even more exciting for those who insist on teaching their kids how to ride a bike on the trail.

I have to leave early today, so I will report again as to where they are working early afternoon-ish. I may detour off to surface streets to save time.

Liz

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	927Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	928Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo3.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	929

Post Thanks / Like

Heading westbound this morning about 7:50 (late for work) the trail was completely blocked off. No detour signs. No nothing. The paving equipment was taking up the whole trail. I ended up heading up Cedar and then wandering around the backstreets until I found my way to Adahi St. which I knew intersected the trail near the Navy Fed. CU. What a ridiculous mess to create at commuter rush hour!

Post Thanks / Like

They are now working between Sandburg and the I-495 bridge. They had me walk my bike that whole section because they were positioning their trucks for paving. Trail closed between Sandburg and Gallows; now open west of Gallows.

Liz

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cp53a0