Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earth Day Convoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Earth Day Convoy!

Good Afternoon everyone! I hope you all survived the chilly temps this morning - I myself wore double layers of almost everything (except gloves). I was toasty and comfortable Despite the cold weather, Spring is, in fact, here. I'm sure you've all noticed the increase in bikes and peds on the streets and trails. Do you know what that means? BikeArlington will be busy beavers with fun and exciting events...and we'll be requesting help from our wonderful forum go-ers.

This year, BikeArlington is planning on making a grand entrance to George Mason’s annual Earth Day fair on Sunday, April 22nd! We will be riding up to the fair on shiny, bright red Capital Bikeshare bikes to show our dedication to protecting our dear Mother Earth! But it’s only grand if there’s a big group of us. So we were wondering if any of you would be interested in hopping on a CaBi bike and joining our convoy over to the Arlington Campus on Fairfax Drive. We’ll be leaving from Courthouse/Clarendon at 12:30pm and riding about 2 miles (I know it's not very much but you can always ride there if you want a nice long ride). If you don’t have a CaBi membership (how dare you!) we can provide you with a free 24-hour pass, and we can make sure to get any usage fees wiped if you go over 30 minutes just during the ride.

Let me know if you plan on joining us. We’ve got some tricks up our sleeves so the ride will be fun and entertaining and there’s a lot of good stuff going on at the Earth Day fair so if you’re into that, you can meander around for a little while.

Also – if all of that doesn’t draw you in, we’ll being heading over to Northside Social after the ride to celebrate Mother Earth, biking and Capital Bikeshare!

Let me know if you’ll be joining us – Sunday, April 22nd, from 12:30pm to about 1:30pm (which includes, gathering, coordinating, chit chatting and only 10 minutes of actual riding).

You can email me at zanna.worzella@bikearlington.com
    Thanks!
    Zanna

So I had a little trouble choosing the forum topic to post this thread.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Would families on bike (who can't take CaBi b/c child seats) be welcome in the group?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    Would families on bike (who can't take CaBi b/c child seats) be welcome in the group?
    Yes - we would like the majority of riders to be on Capital Bikeshare but we understand that there are limitations especially for families with kids. We're hoping to get about 90% CaBi, and if there are others who just want to join for the ride to the fair, that's great too. It will add to the impressive mass of people riding bikes!

Thanks!

rcannon100 is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Um... massive dock block???? Right????

consularrider is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's see, pick up a CaBi at the library, ride past George Mason, exchange it at Courthouse and head back with the group?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Um... massive dock block???? Right????
    We'll have Alta providing enough bikes for us and making sure the stations are balanced. So fear not!

Post Thanks / Like

We're still looking for volunteers for this. Let me or Zanna know if you can make it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    We're still looking for volunteers for this. Let me or Zanna know if you can make it!
    It's going to be the funnest hour of your life so you should really consider joining

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

We're planning on coming - 1 adult on Cabi (assuming we can get one at 10th & Washington) and an adult + kid on an ebike + bike seat. Should be fun.

consularrider is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got my one day CaBi membership coupon from the map mailing. I'll ride from home and hope to pick up a CaBi at the Central Library or Virginia Square and then ride to Courthouse to join you. I assume this is a rain or shine event?