Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brrrrrr!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arlingtonrider View Post
    LOL - I knew there were some tough (and very funny) guys out there. I admit it - I'm a wimp. My fingers and toes are still cold!! I hope to warm up by Friday.
    You're not the only one. I've been in pretty much full-on winter gear last few mornings. Heck with cold!

Greenbelt is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

35F in Pittsburgh PA this morning. Going to explore the downtown and see if I can find the Allegheny Passage trailhead -- see how far I get.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

definitely brought out the tights, winter gloves, arm warmers, balaclava and the fleece headsock, but I refuse to put the moose mitts back on the bike. the balance between freezing in the morning and burning up in the afternoon is a fun dance.

Post Thanks / Like

I put on thin gloves and didn't wear flip-flops.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KLizotte View Post
    I saw SNOW squalls from my office window this afternoon. Couldn't believe it.
    I was cranking on the W&OD last night around 8:30 and could have sworn that I felt some sleet. Was also rocking the shorts and fingerless gloves, bad call.

consularrider is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

No shorts, back to the bib knickers with long ski socks, full finger gloves, and ear band for the ride in. While a decent afternoon temperature, the wind made me glad of the warmer gear (but left off the ear band and my coldgear base layer).

Post Thanks / Like

I think I found my min temp yesterday afternoon for arm warmers + vest (jacket & winbreaker were in backpack and wish I'd worn them instead for ride home - yes, I'm stubborn and didn't want to stop!).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbelt View Post
    35F in Pittsburgh PA this morning. Going to explore the downtown and see if I can find the Allegheny Passage trailhead -- see how far I get.
    Great ride. Now if they can only finish the trail section by the Hot Metal Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight went a lot better! Wool socks, gloves, and a full shell rather than just a vest made a world of difference. I expect that my fingers will be capable of curling around cold glass by sometime tomorrow evening.