Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brrrrrr!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arlingtonrider View Post
    LOL - I knew there were some tough (and very funny) guys out there. I admit it - I'm a wimp. My fingers and toes are still cold!! I hope to warm up by Friday.
    You're not the only one. I've been in pretty much full-on winter gear last few mornings. Heck with cold!

35F in Pittsburgh PA this morning. Going to explore the downtown and see if I can find the Allegheny Passage trailhead -- see how far I get.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.

definitely brought out the tights, winter gloves, arm warmers, balaclava and the fleece headsock, but I refuse to put the moose mitts back on the bike. the balance between freezing in the morning and burning up in the afternoon is a fun dance.

I put on thin gloves and didn't wear flip-flops.

Quote Originally Posted by KLizotte View Post
    I saw SNOW squalls from my office window this afternoon. Couldn't believe it.
    I was cranking on the W&OD last night around 8:30 and could have sworn that I felt some sleet. Was also rocking the shorts and fingerless gloves, bad call.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills

No shorts, back to the bib knickers with long ski socks, full finger gloves, and ear band for the ride in. While a decent afternoon temperature, the wind made me glad of the warmer gear (but left off the ear band and my coldgear base layer).

I think I found my min temp yesterday afternoon for arm warmers + vest (jacket & winbreaker were in backpack and wish I'd worn them instead for ride home - yes, I'm stubborn and didn't want to stop!).

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbelt View Post
    35F in Pittsburgh PA this morning. Going to explore the downtown and see if I can find the Allegheny Passage trailhead -- see how far I get.
    Great ride. Now if they can only finish the trail section by the Hot Metal Bridge

Tonight went a lot better! Wool socks, gloves, and a full shell rather than just a vest made a world of difference. I expect that my fingers will be capable of curling around cold glass by sometime tomorrow evening.