Thread: NPS Working next to MVT North of Memorial Bridge

consularrider is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NPS Working next to MVT North of Memorial Bridge

On Tuesday evening going home I noticed some fresh soil laid over the informal track along the GW Parkway just north of the Memorial Bridge underpass. This morning there were three NPS trucks there and they were adding soil to the badly eroded sloping path where runners cross the parkway to connect with the MVT. It will be interesting to see how this ends up being handled.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

It would help the situation a lot of if there were clear signage on the DC side indicating that one should cross on the South side of the Memorial Bridge in order to get to the MVT (or generally, in order to stay safe -- that crossing after the North side of the bridge has horrible sightlines and often cars are FLYING). I see quite a number of runners and cyclists looking for the MVT over there. Cyclists, if they figure it out, don't mind the extra mileage to go up to the crosswalk, come back, and get the MVT safely, but for runners, I agree that's too much to ask.

Or course, that would require NPS to put up signs to help people on foot/bikes get around, which would imply that NPS cares about people who aren't in cars...

consularrider is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Deep soft soil to fill in the deep packed rut. I expect there will be a new informal path there alongside the fresh soil within a week as the runners wear out the grass.