Thread: Hats off to local Terp for making top 10 college women list for her cycling...

Default Hats off to local Terp for making top 10 college women list for her cycling...

Gulick is the only woman in the U.S. ever to medal in a menís cycling race. She is currently ranked sixth in the nation for female cyclists in her age group, is a three-time national champion and 30-time national medalist, and holds the record for the most medals won in a single national championship (eight).

http://www.eng.umd.edu/html/news/news_story.php?id=6397
    Living up to my posting name, my hat's off to a local Terp for her cycling success and being named a top 10 woman.

Damn! A quick google and apparently she was at UMD on a field hockey scholarship (who are national champion caliber), while majoring in bioengineering. This girl is pretty amazing! Hopefully she'll have a bright future in racing!

Man she is a machine:

She is currently ranked sixth in the nation for female cyclists in her age group, is a three-time national champion and 30-time national medalist, and holds the record for the most medals won in a single national championship (eight). She also plays defense for the Lady Terps' field hockey team and is an honors student.

I like how they just casually mention - oh yeah and she is on the field hockey team...oh and an honors student. I spent most of my college years passed out on a couch...

Seeing as how she's originally from PA I wonder how she slipped away from Penn State during field hockey recruiting? There's also some awesome road and mountain racing in central PA too. They allowed a truly great athlete to get out of state.