Thread: Hats off to local Terp for making top 10 college women list for her cycling...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hats off to local Terp for making top 10 college women list for her cycling...

Gulick is the only woman in the U.S. ever to medal in a menís cycling race. She is currently ranked sixth in the nation for female cyclists in her age group, is a three-time national champion and 30-time national medalist, and holds the record for the most medals won in a single national championship (eight).

http://www.eng.umd.edu/html/news/news_story.php?id=6397
    Living up to my posting name, my hat's off to a local Terp for her cycling success and being named a top 10 woman.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn! A quick google and apparently she was at UMD on a field hockey scholarship (who are national champion caliber), while majoring in bioengineering. This girl is pretty amazing! Hopefully she'll have a bright future in racing!

Post Thanks / Like

Man she is a machine:

She is currently ranked sixth in the nation for female cyclists in her age group, is a three-time national champion and 30-time national medalist, and holds the record for the most medals won in a single national championship (eight). She also plays defense for the Lady Terps' field hockey team and is an honors student.

I like how they just casually mention - oh yeah and she is on the field hockey team...oh and an honors student. I spent most of my college years passed out on a couch...

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing as how she's originally from PA I wonder how she slipped away from Penn State during field hockey recruiting? There's also some awesome road and mountain racing in central PA too. They allowed a truly great athlete to get out of state.