Thread: City of Fairfax: Route from GMU to Vienna Metro, hosted by Oasis Bike Shop

Post Thanks / Like

Default City of Fairfax: Route from GMU to Vienna Metro, hosted by Oasis Bike Shop

Learn Two Routes From George Mason University to Vienna Metro in less than one hour.

This is a reoccurring ride to demonstrate safe routes and safe cycling.

If you want to learn some options for getting back and forth between Old Town Fairfax and Vienna this is worth your time. If you want some practical road riding skills, this is a good introduction. It is a short ride and rolls through a variety of road conditions. You have an opportunity to ride in traffic, on trails, and some sidewalks with experienced riders. This is a good place to start if you are curious about bike commuting or simply want more flexibility in moving around town without a car. No Lycra required.

Oasis is hosting this ride and it begins and ends on their front steps.

http://www.oasisbikeworks.com/eventsreg.html

They are super fantastic hosts, my bike had two issues that needed adjustment, they were done on the spot for no charge because I came out for the ride.

Name:  IMG_1101.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  97.1 KB

I forgot to mention. There are hills.

This photo is just outside the Vienna Metro.
    Last edited by acc; 04-07-2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: I must have blocked the memory of the hills out of my mind while I was writing this the first time.

mstone is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

are bows required?

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

That's really cool they offer rides specifically for people with hybrids; I've never seen that before.

Post Thanks / Like

No bows, Lycra, or rhinestones required, however, shoes and pants are.

In fact no experience required.

If you are concerned about the road-readiness of your bike, Oasis can take a look.

ann
    Last edited by acc; 04-07-2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: No one, but no one, touches my bow.