Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: 2-stroke engine bike on 4MRT and W&OD

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2-stroke engine bike on 4MRT and W&OD

Sunday morning I was walking on the 4MRT and W&OD from Carlin Springs Road to Rt50 and heard a two-stroke engine. I hoped it was just sound carrying from Carlin Springs Rd, but alas some guy on a black bicycle with an engine in the triangle passed me. He did slow down and the engine was off (or quietly idling) as he passed, but once he hit the W&OD the engine came on again and off he went leaving the sounds and smells of the engine in his wake. I am never pleased with the electric bikes, but this is illegal to the best of my knowledge and extra annoying with the sound and air pollution. Will anyone ever patrol the trails to stop such things? Is there anything anyone can do?

Post Thanks / Like

You'd think after what happened to this guy last year people would think twice about this kind of nonsense.

3. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Used to frequently see one of those conversion kit jobs on my evening commute on the 4MRT by the Poop Plant. Nasty little thing.

Post Thanks / Like

There are two groups that patrol the County trails, though I cannot tell you the frequency or schedules:

Arlington County Park Rangers: Their website says "The duties of a park ranger are diverse. Routine patrol of our parks by foot, mountain bike, and vehicle seek to ensure visitor compliance with all park rules and regulations. In addition, the park ranger staff is responsible for closing designated facilities at dark, checking for safety concerns/issues, providing park information to visitors, and rangers are trained to respond to medical emergencies."

For more information on the park rangers, please contact Scott Haines at 703-228-0052.

The other is the Arlington Police Auxiliary. They "provide important services to the community including, but not limited to, bike patrol, bicycle registration, car seat safety inspections and residential and commercial premises security surveys." according to a recent Facebook post.

Auxiliary Police Unit: 703-228-4057