Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Rental recommendation in Mesa AZ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rental recommendation in Mesa AZ?

Does anyone have a recommendation of where to rent a road bike for several days in Mesa, AZ?
    My riding is streak is just over 3 years (trying to catch up to CBGanimal) and I want to keep it going.

Post Thanks / Like

Default mini pump and tools in carry on luggage?

Has anyone succesfully carried a mini pump and mini tool in their carry on luggage?
    The TSA website says small tools and bicycle pumps are allowed in carry on luggage.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bikesnick View Post
    Has anyone succesfully carried a mini pump and mini tool in their carry on luggage?
    The TSA website says small tools and bicycle pumps are allowed in carry on luggage.
    Thanks.
    Yep. Just make sure that the multi-tool does not have any sort of blade on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bikesnick View Post
    Thanks.
    I would expect to be searched at some point even if you don't have any kind of blade on the multitool. On my last trip, DCA was cool, but MKE needed to take a look.

Post Thanks / Like

Accidentally had a bike lock in my backpack the last time I flew. DCA pulled it out and a supervisor was consulted. Las Vegas didnít care on the return flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I frequently had a mini-pump and some sort of bike tools crossing the Atlantic back and forth. Almost always got pulled aside for search of carry-on.

Post Thanks / Like

Archerís Bikes in Mesa!
    www.archersbikes.com
    When I was there last, staff was super friendly & helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBee View Post
    Archerís Bikes in Mesa!
    www.archersbikes.com
    When I was there last, staff was super friendly & helpful.
    Thanks! I *did* rent from them one day; they were very friendly and helpful. The bike was too small, but it worked for a few hours.
    I also rented from Action Ridestop in Mesa, also very friendly and helpful. I had a small (for me) Cervelo, but it was really nice, even for several days.
    Mesa and Tempe are great places to ride with good bicycle lanes and markings. The Salt River Trail was nice. The weather was sunny, no humidity, and temperatures in the upper 90s and even 100, and it was great!
    Also, no problems going through airport security with a mini-pump and mini-tool.
    Thanks.