Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Bike parking at Virginia Hospital Center?

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bike parking at Virginia Hospital Center?

I did a test ride there the other day. I saw a bike cage (that would require me to call someone for the combo) near the hospital, and a crappy bike rack near the B building. I particularly would like bike parking near the VHC Physicians Group, (C building, IIRC) but I did not see any.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly (it has been a couple of years since I have been there), there is a bike rack (although crappy one) on the surface level of the parking garage in the C building, next to the rear stairwell.

3. Likes bentbike33 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rackspotter notes a number of abysmal racks in varying locations including a covered rack near the Women & Infant entrance

5. Likes bentbike33 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From my Rackspotter entry of 2016:

Virginia Hospital Center complex Parking Garage C, near the entrance to the medical office building C. I would have selected wheel-bender as the rack type, but this rack would be far more effective at bending wheels than the default Rackspotter image of a wheel bender. As it seems almost entirely disused, advise parking your bike perpendicular to the design direction as in the photo. Use a long u-lock to reach the rear triangle.

Post Thanks / Like

I typically use the rack near the B parking entrance (close to the corner of 16th St. and George Mason. It's poorly situated - you have to tromp across the mulch to get there, but it's a great place to smugly view the inevitable backups at the parking garage. I've also discovered a rack on the north side of the B building (in between buildings B & C). Neither of these is covered. I haven't explored the garages.

8. Likes JorgeGortex liked this post