Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  1

Thread: 2022 biking goals

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2022 biking goals

In the past I posted this http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...ing-goals-2018

Not up for such elaborate goals this year - some of those categories I have exceeded (bike advocay - sheesh) Others, not so much (maintenance)

Really wanted to post about total miles. My best year so far was 2019, at 4400 miles. The pandemic did a number on my total miles, as so much of my riding was commuting to the office.

I am back to commuting twice a week, and have done some other long (for me) rides. I was hoping to at least beat my 2019 miles to make it my best year, and maybe to hit 5000 miles. An injury some weeks back, and my bout of COVID has made this harder, but I will still try.

What are your biking goals for the year?

2. Likes ChristoB50, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A similar story here -- 2018 was my first (partial) year of biking, after 25 years off a bike -- and my best year despite starting only on March 18th -- hit 4,032 miles.
    2019 saw a bit of drop - 3,296; I started dating near the end of that year, and, well... so it goes. I looked ahead to 2020 seeing me crest 10,000 cumulative miles.
    2020 Covid hit, dating continued, and 100% telework / no office commute --turned out the commute was a huge driver to being on the bike more-- resulted in a paltry 877 miles. Can't get worse, right!?
    Except 2021. 412 miles. Dating was behind me by then, and some return to office was also in place -- but my zeal for riding, from before, had evaporated.
    2022 - Year to date has continued the 2021 trend -- I'm at a comical 280 miles. I try to blame the heat this year -- yet, I biked heavily through 2 hot summers before Covid, so heat probably isn't the best excuse in my case.
    So a goal -- hmmm. I'd like to use Sep-Dec to exceed 2021's miles. Then sustain that into early 2023 and get back into the 4-digit annual figures!

4. Likes Judd, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoB50 View Post
    A similar story here -- 2018 was my first (partial) year of biking, after 25 years off a bike -- and my best year despite starting only on March 18th -- hit 4,032 miles.
    2019 saw a bit of drop - 3,296; I started dating near the end of that year, and, well... so it goes. I looked ahead to 2020 seeing me crest 10,000 cumulative miles.
    2020 Covid hit, dating continued, and 100% telework / no office commute --turned out the commute was a huge driver to being on the bike more-- resulted in a paltry 877 miles. Can't get worse, right!?
    Except 2021. 412 miles. Dating was behind me by then, and some return to office was also in place -- but my zeal for riding, from before, had evaporated.
    2022 - Year to date has continued the 2021 trend -- I'm at a comical 280 miles. I try to blame the heat this year -- yet, I biked heavily through 2 hot summers before Covid, so heat probably isn't the best excuse in my case.
    So a goal -- hmmm. I'd like to use Sep-Dec to exceed 2021's miles. Then sustain that into early 2023 and get back into the 4-digit annual figures!
    Come join us at a coffee club. Info on current locations near you. http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...640#post219640
    Last edited by CaseyKane50; 08-04-2022 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Added coffee club info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyKane50 View Post
    Come join us at a coffee club. Info on current locations near you. http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...640#post219640
    We can have some more Chris Trifectas!

I hit my highest post-retirement milage in 2021 with 10,298 miles and in spite of everything involved with our move back to Arlington last week I should be close again in 2022. I'm pretty sure Chris W is ahead of me.

7. Likes Steve O, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have zero goals for 2022. And this is why:
    Name:  IMG_0209.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  98.3 KB

9. Likes Judd, kwarkentien liked this post
    ELITE consularrider ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoB50 View Post
    For 2023 you should join Freezing Saddles. For many that has been a great motivator. And we would love to have you! (And not just for the awesome National Cathedral tours)

11. Likes bikesnick, ChristoB50 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My goal for several years has been to bike at least 400 miles per month. I have fallen short in only a single month since sometime before 2017. That was November 2020 when I was away traveling in CO and CA and my bike was stolen.
    No other specific goals, but I am happier when I participate in bicycling activities in which I get to be with friends, old and new.
    So you, my friends, are part of my goals.
    Smile!

13. Likes consularrider, bikesnick, Serdar liked this post