Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wet, so what?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wet, so what?

I didn't get to ride in yesterdays' 83-degree weather, because I was watching the Caps lose, and the weather forecast made it sound like the whole weekend would be a washout, so that would mean a 3-day riding hiatus. I don't like skipping that many days in a row.

So this morning, I looked out the window at 5:30am, and it was only lightly misting, so I decided to head out for a short ride on my bike, since I have the lights all charged up. I ended up doing a 100-miler, from Vienna, to Bethesda on Beach Drive, and out to Mt Vernon, as well as generally just wandering around Arlington. It never really starting raining until 11:00am or so. I certainly ended up getting soaked, but it was worth it!

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

If I get 100+ miles in for the week I consider it a good week. You are super human!

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I took my bike out run a few errands and it was barely sprinkling, so I wore my rain coat and jeans. Decided to ride from Capitol Hill to the mall to check out the Reason Rally (meh) and on my way home the skies opened up and I got absolutely drenched. I think my pants soaked up a couple gallons of rainwater...but it was relatively warm and I was close to home, so it was actually kinda fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, sometimes it's better to just get out and get wet, than to sit inside and mope.

Of course there's something to be said for a good mope too

Post Thanks / Like

About six of us did a pre-ride for one of the FABB rides we'll be hosting this year. We were prepared for the rain and had a good time. My biggest issue is that my entire bike is plastered with flower blossoms at the moment. There are worse things in life, yes?

BTW did you know you can ride to the Udvar Hazy Center (Smithsonian Museum) in Chantilly? It was previously connected only by Route 28 and now they've opened a local road for access.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

When is that official social ride to the Udvar-Hazy going to happen? Will you post a notice when you set a date?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I'll post the dates and there will be a web signup. Thanks for your interest!

- Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by americancyclo View Post
    When is that official social ride to the Udvar-Hazy going to happen? Will you post a notice when you set a date?
    Registration for the FABB Ride to the museum is now open. The event site is here.

Thanks,

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of "Wet, so what?"... Yesterday was lovely. Definitely a good test of rain gear.

Post Thanks / Like

Dirt, you left out a few small details.

Yesterday in the rain you rode a century on a fixie.