Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animals on today's commute (Caution NSFW, language)

Greenbelt is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Animals on today's commute (Caution NSFW, language)

Dogs, beaver, deer, SUV, and a new one: first time I've been struck by a bird.

Post Thanks / Like

At least the dogs were on a short leash. I had to weave across and entire lane of Beach Drive once from a dog on a damn 10ft long leash. I'm sure the dog just wanted to say hi though. Good thing you looked both ways before going through the intersection, even though you had the right of way. Washington Circle is great for idiots behind the wheel pretty much every day too.

The bird, that's a new one! Very funny.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to get a t-shirt with my commuting motto: "I WILL kick your dog; keep him leashed and under control"

mstone is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate dogs. I had some lady the other day with a pair of the damned things on the ends of leashes lunging and barking and she's saying "it's ok, they bark but they're very friendly." what a load of hooey.

Post Thanks / Like

That's just how they say "I love you".

consularrider is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Bird, yes. One more reason to wear a helmet - I took a direct hit to the forehead portion of the helmet on one commute. I was glad the bird was able to fly away.

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    Bird, yes. One more reason to wear a helmet - I took a direct hit to the forehead portion of the helmet on one commute. I was glad the bird was able to fly away.
    Good reason for eye protection too.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a squirrel jump on my backpack once out near Custis/W&OD junction, the damn thing held on for what felt like a minute then scampered away into a trash can and peered out at me like I had assaulted it or something.

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I swerved around fairly fresh roadkill 3 times in 2 commutes last week. All squirrels, from what I could tell.

consularrider is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vvill View Post
    I think I swerved around fairly fresh roadkill 3 times in 2 commutes last week. All squirrels, from what I could tell.
    We have the weekly dead rat near the 15 mile post at Hains Point on the MVT.